Thursday, September 07, 2006

Focus!

I need to focus. The deadlines loom large. Therefore I blog.

Aaaaaaargh

I should be

analysing data.

But I'm thinking about

a possible quickie trip to India this december (have u seen the prices??)
what to see in ottawa when i go there in october
where to go for my post-doc
why i cannot graduate in december
how life would be if i could
my sad state of financial affairs
when will my living room stop looking like a kabaad khaana (it right now has all the unsold furniture from my friend's apartment)
can i skip gym today too? because you see, i've this deadline...

Sorry for the random post. It's an attempt to remind myself to focus.

While we're at it, random song playing right now:

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

13 comments:

Janefield said...

I'm here now. Now you can focus :D Take tips from Bond, he is expert on focusing. On what, i dunno. Aks him.

qsg said...

Me wan to go to India for Diwali!!! :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

:-) jane,
yes you helped.

qsg,
are you going? i'm coming to your city in november! be there!

qsg said...

Sure, I will definitely meet you - why not! :D I won't be able to tell you my name, and show you what I look like - but will definitely meet you! :p

The Smiling Girl said...

I am not coming there.. Wish youwere here.. :)
Aajao.. December mein aajao..
Lajjo come..
Lajjo come..

The Smiling Girl said...

Uff.. Gems kabhi nahi sudhregi naa.. *Sigh*

greensatya said...

Ah, the everday life and its same story. But yeah come to India in december, it will refresh and recharge you.

Born a Libran said...

Most of those things apply to me too... And, BTW, I have a cricket match on Saturday and I wanna graduate in February... I have to... forget it, Back to work...

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

qsg,
yes, yes, we will meet incognito. (*rolls eyes*)

s.g, satya,
i should put a paypal button on this page. please make donations for a tkt to india for tgfi. :-)
can't go yaaaaaar!!! :( too much money.
jaane do, will go next year.

libran,
yes yes. back to work now.

qsg said...

Arrey - I am looking forward to November and hoping that we can do a girl's day out - go crazy and stuff - I will meet yuo yaar...albeit in a burqa! ;) I am shy, na!

Love this song, wish you were here....love it love it love it...

but right now, my brain is fried with Theme for a dream! :D

Sayesha said...

//Sorry for the random post. It's an attempt to remind myself to focus.

We all need it once in a while, don't we? :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

qsg,
hahaha theme for a dream! it can fry your brain after a while.. but atleast you're not listening to that bleddy rip off "pal pal".

sash,
i need it more often than most!

Tachyoson said...

i thought no one but my crazy slef listened to PF any more! :P

here's to hoping you manage all of the nice things in that list ... and lose all the not-so nice ones :)