Monday, October 16, 2006

Desi Pundit bids farewell

The folks at DP have decided to shut down their wonderful blog, blaming time-constraints. I do not blame them at all, for am sure a job so well done must've been demanding a lot of time and effort.

So I'm sitting here, staring at the the bright yellow sun on the page. Furiously going through the archives...bookmarking each and every post i find interesting, funny, or informative. Lapping it all up, trying to file away as much as I can. Going about, leaving my last comments that say "Came here from desipundit" because, when will I do that again? In a way the timing is good, atleast I'll be spared of all the diwali posts and sit here feeling homesick. hah. i knew there would be something positive out of this.
And also, i guess, i'll spend less time on blogs and more time on my phd...eh?? :)


:( I am sad. So long, and thanks for all the fish, guys.

10 comments:

jane said...

ohhh that's sad! i was just warming up to this site...late bloomer i know...hope they reconsider shutting it down.

Duhita said...

So sad no?...sniff sniff.....

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

jane, duhita.
yes it is indeed very sad. hopefully there will be a resurrection of some kind. but of course, it will never be the same.. siiigh.

qsg said...

Sucks! They closed shop before acknowledging my genius! Tchha! Oh well... ;)

Bombay Addict said...

also linked you to my blogathon

Ash said...

Thanks for the kind words and warm wishes. This was a tough decision for us, but Im sure you undertsnad how difficult time management can be.

Anyway, glad that you enjoyed DesiPundit !

Patrix said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Like everything else, this shall pass too. The blogs we linked to still exist so nothing is lost :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

qsg,
your genius? ahem....don't get me started here. ;)

Bombay addict,
Thanks for the blog-a-thon initiative. fitting tribute to DP.

Hi Ash & Patrix,
I understand the time issues entirely. Thanks to you folks, for the awesome site.
Like everything else, this shall pass too
Don't you tell me that! *sniff*

lol. j/k. :-) best of luck, both of you, with grad school. DP was great while it lasted. Everything about it!

The Smiling Girl said...

Poor homesick baby Lajjo.. aajao ghar ko.. milkar holiday karenge... :D

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

SG,
when i eventually land in hydie, tereko dekh loongi. !@#$%^.