Sunday, October 15, 2006

Home is

Another Selma-inspired post

Home is where I long to go back to at the end of a tiring day..or a string of tiring months..

Home is what houses my shower and my bed, which I miss dearly after a few days of separation..

Home is where I can laugh out loud, uninhibited, and home is where I can cry unabashed and still feel secure.

Home is at the end of that road, the way around which I can never lose.

Home is where I see people on the street..where I buy fresh vegetables every day..where I am a part of the crowd.

Home is where my music resonates, where my silence always finds company.

Home is where it's always warm.

On most days, I'm glad to come home. But sometimes, I yearn to go home!

Selma said "What is your perception of home? Do write and link me back. I would love to know". Me too! :-)

9 comments:

jane said...

Home is where the heart is, indeed.

This line was real nice...//On most days, I'm glad to come home. But sometimes, I yearn to go home!// Nice post :-)

Rebellion said...

I take the silver here too!!

Oh oh oh, underhand commission and all haan! Lajjo & Jane, sudhar jao :P

Awesome post Lajjo! I'd definitely take this up soon and link you too & let you know about it too :D

Take care,
Aarti

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

jane,
thanks. you also write one.

aarti,
uff somebody stop her. :-) likho aarti, i will read.

The Smiling Girl said...

Home is where heard is... :)
Period... :)
(Just scrolled up and saw that Jane also said same.. mujhe pata tha that we think alike.. :D)

Basanti said...

Looks like SG is still sleeping.. Heard is kya hota hai? :P :P

Family, laughter, happiness, arguments, life, death.

Will definitely take this up in my next post! :-)

janehouse rock said...

SG bleddy copycat who can't even copy properly. techie it seems! :P :D

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

hhhahahahahahaha!! points and laughs at SG. :-)

basanti,
haan, will look forward to your post.

janehouse,
lol lol. now s.g.'s home is where her heard is. what can we do about it? :p

qsg said...

Arrey baba - her home is where she is heard! Stop hearing her out - or your blog will become... you know! ;) Now I am dead!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

qsg,
:-)))) my blog will become what? huh?