Sunday, February 04, 2007

Teen patte

Once upon a time, there were two friends in blogworld. TGFI and QSG. One day, TGFI tagged QSG. QSG never did the tag. Others friends came, other tags were imposed. QSG did those tags. But TGFI's tag remained, undone. Life went on.

Then one day, QSG, having blissfully forgotten about her act of gross inconsideration, shamelessly tagged TGFI. But TGFI decided to be the bigger person, and actually did the tag! Here goes:

Three things that scare me:
1. Entering year 7 of grad school
2. My own cynicism
3. The real world

Three people who make me laugh:
1. Myself
2. Kramer in Jerry Seinfeld
3. Memories of several giggling moments that nobody else would find funny

Three things I love:
1. Understanding how genes work
2. Little kids
3. Traveling to new places

Three things I hate:
1. Petty gossip
2. Meddlesome people
3. How my life has become so single-tracked over the past many months

Three things I don’t understand:
1. The objectification of women
2. 3 hour plus bollywood movies
3. Why that experiment stopped working? :(

Three things on my desk:
1. Papers
2. A postcard that makes me smile, always. :)
3. Self-motivational quotes

Three things I’m doing right now:
1. Avoiding work
2. Thinking about what to do for lunch
3. Thinking about hotel beds. I love those soft fluffy mattresses they have there. They are very bad for the back though. But they also automatically make themselves up . Cool no?

Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Make that experiment work!
2. Travel to all those places- or at least half of them on my list.
3. Give back in a substantial and significant way.

Three things I can do:
1. Cook a great meal
2. Go all out for someone in need
3. Make your life miserable if the situation calls for it. :-)

Three things you should listen to:
1. Your gut
2. Good music
3. The voice of caution, sometimes

Three things you should never listen to:
1. Negativity
2. Blues, Country, Heavy metal
3. Third-hand gossip that is going around faster than the flu

Three things I’d like to learn:
1. The violin. Again
2. To give in and to let go. Again
3. Portuguese or any foreign language.

Three favourite foods:
1. Mummy's anything and everything
2. Gulab Jamuns!
3. Curd rice and aavvakai (achaar)

Three beverages I drink regularly:
1. Chai
2. Water
3. Tough choice here between OJ and vodka. :-)

Three TV shows/Books I watched/read as a kid:
1. Giant Robot
2. Target (the kid's magazine)
3. Indradhanush

Three people I would like to tag:
1.Shripriya (Your imaginary readers can use some dope)
2. Kaushik (Something less random for you to blog about)
3. Satya (Since you don't post much these days)

Muahahahahahahahah

13 comments:

qsg said...

hehehe - I love gulab jamuns too! :)

And thanks for doing the tag.

And no thanks for remembering I forgot to do your tag! :D

...will do it now! :)

The Smiling Girl said...

Hey bigger-person-Lajjo, want some avakai and gongura? Mom packed loads for me, u see.. :)

Sakshi said...

Three things you should never listen to:
2. Blues, Country, Heavy metal
I agree with the first two.. but NO TO METAL??????
why? TGFI.. WHY?
The metal songs are necessary part of the ritual to the Gods that make the experiment work ;)

qsg said...

We all know you are a bigger person - stop gloating!

jane said...

very nicely done tgfi :)
target was one of my fave mags too! i have the very last issue of it for keepsake -- collector's item :D

Anonymous said...

Hehe! Bigger person! :D

Well done tgfi.

May the experminent work in the real life too. (I know they always do in your dreams!)

Neihal said...

@QSG..Bad QSG, very Bad :P

@TGFI
achcha tag hai
I am listening to lot of Rammstein these days.....the neighbours not liking it...so what....me not liking the neighbours as well :D

Rebellion said...

Excellent answers Lajjo :)
Me too love gulab jamuns! When you come here, i'll make you taste the world's best gulab jamuns and am sure ul agree with me, once you have them :)
*psst.. that was a bribe* ;)

Hey, even I used to watch Indradhanush as a kid! Btw, you can make someone's life miserable?? Naaah, I don't think so :)

Take care,
Aarti

PS: Wanna pull your cheeks hard right now >:D<

greensatya said...

Haha, looks like you were waiting for QSG to tag you, well done !

And the tag is so interesting, me gonna do very soon, and I am back to blogging as before :)

Target was one of my favourite magazine as well, Gardhab Das :)

the Smiling girl - Please give me some 'Gongura' as well, it's been long I have eaten it. Sigh !

Revealed said...

Hehehehe. I'm gonna let you in on the whole getting-expts-to-work-sacred-ritual. You have to *pretend* you don't care about it. Don't give the cultures a second glance, only take secret peeps when they *dont know* you're looking. And it'll all be fine *nods wisely and encouragingly*

Sakshi said...

@ Revealed - You forgot the sacrifices and the music thingie..
They don't work otherwise :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

QSG,
And no thanks for remembering I forgot to do your tag!

muahhahahahah!

SGee.
shaaani, my mom also packed loads for me. hah

sakshi,
heavy metal gods do not grace my lab. only the metal listeners do! :(

qsg,
heheheheheh :))

jane,
you do?? wowies. i think i do too..somewhere..

anony,
when did i discuss my dreams with you?? :o

neihal,
qsg is a terrible person! ;)
heheh sunao sunao apne neighbours ko. ;)

aarti,
thats a bribe i cannot resist. :-)

p.s: tgfi gets highly embarrassed by this pulling cheeks bijness. plis to staap eet. ;)

satya,
Haha, looks like you were waiting for QSG to tag you

hahahha! you guessed right! ;) glad to know you're back to blogging. :-)

revealed,
heheh. {sigh} there was a time that actually worked for me! ;)

sakshi, revealed,
ahh! now i know what i'm doing wrong. ;)

Shripriya said...

Ok, it's up. Actually it was up last night... so, kudos to me for instant, same-day response ;)

Then today, my blog crashed. Major panic. All is well now, but lots of stress.

All this to say, the post is up. I had fun doing it, actually!