Thursday, March 08, 2007

By chance


I was waiting at the airport, working away on my laptop, on last minute corrections to a paper I was co-authoring. I was off to my sister's for just a day- but had to carry my work with me, just because of this paper and associated deadline. I noticed a family with three cute kids across from me. Kids catch my attention very easily, and of course, I stopped working and started playing with the kids. The parents didn't seem to mind and so it went on. But the father kept eying my backpack- it was a bit disconcerting. We got on the same flight, and the father (lets call him D) and I got chatting. He asked me what I did, and when I told him- he said he was interested in my backpack because it had the logo of some IT conference on it, and was wondering if I worked in the IT field. Oh! no, it is my dad's that I mooched off, (since he doesn't have a laptop I figured he wouldn't need the nice backpack) I replied. We got talking, and he happened to have been to the very same conference, and it turned out that my dad and he worked in very related areas. So we exchanged emails, I put him in touch with my dad, and they exchanged a few mails. A year or more later, D was off to India for a trade show, and said he'd love to meet up with my dad. My dad made the trip to Delhi, caught up with his old friends there, met D, and I got a little package in the bargain. The music is beautiful and refreshing. And it is amazing how a desi plastic bag and a mithai dabba can make one all happy. That's why I love coincidences.

P.S: All don't put nazar on my mithai!!! (lavang latika if you need to know which) Already I have eaten one too many and stomach pain is coming! :o

11 comments:

Revealed said...

OMG!!! So much envy is coming your way that you might actually turn green!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

@ revealed,
bure nazar waala tera muh kaala.

Sakshi said...

Echo Revelaed's comment..
Ruk, Ma ke haath ki mithai is just a few days away from me.. will send you pics, too. :P

Sakshi said...

Oh just saw the muzik .. now I am completely envious..by the way just holler if you need anything new to listen too..
I might just trade it on for a picture of the mithai ;)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sakshi,
hehe, ok, fair exchange i say.
and as for ma ke haath ki mithai, i am coming to Lex for those!

Sakshi said...

Always belcome dearie.. but you will have to bring that wali mithai and those albums with ya...

Rebellion said...

Wah! Ek din mein do post? sayi hai lajjo :)

Want more?? Send me d list of your favs dear :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Sakshi,
er, it might be too late for the mithai. ;)

aarti,
i have already put you down for the gulab jamuns you promised. :)

Szerelem said...

Ok I am sorry but I want those mithais!!!!!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

heyA szerelem,
I am sorry too. *burp*
too late. :p

Rio said...

nice story! :)
wot myoozik was it?