Saturday, May 19, 2007

Irritating

Like that bad after-taste, some things never go away. Even if trivial, they keep nagging you, niggling at the back of your mind. Wisdom would be in letting go, but you prefer to hang on. So the fault, then, is within. The ability to forget, let go and move on is unfortunately not a long-lasting trait. It needs to be learned and re-learned each time, with every new undesirable situation that arises. Of course, we'd all be sadhus if we could automate this reaction each time, I guess that's what makes us mere mortal. One of the basic principles of yoga is detatchment, something I have never come to adopt. It seems to take the fun out of life. I would never want to be completely detatched, to stop things from bothering me, because then what would be the fun? I'd much rather have highs and lows, disappointments and upsets, pick up and move on, bruised and wiser.

Ignore me, I'm rambling.

13 comments:

sd said...

You are Ignored:)

Take it easy!

Shek said...

go for a long drive on your fav road.

Neihal said...

this is just not my day!

SD has allady written what I intended to.

But consider ignored!

ahem.....ab main jati hoon...you dont need to block me, hah!!

qsg said...

Ok, ignored, daactarji...

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sd,
:-) thanks

shek,
good idea, actually. will do that.

neihal,
ahem.....ab main jati hoon...you dont need to block me, hah!!

LOL. that would be good thinking.

QSGEEEEEEEEEEEE
where ya beeeeeeeeen????????

Prashanth said...

General failure reading drive TGFI.
Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?

Alright, if you insist, I shall hit Ignore instead of Retry :P

Prashanth said...

P.S. Heard you defended while I was down sick... belated but sincere congratulations! (yeah, I fully understand what a big deal it is, grrrrrr)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

hey Prashanth!
good too see you around. 'Abort' would've worked just as well. ;)
and thanks. :-)

Sakshi said...

Go get a drink.. my answer to everything..
Hic!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

hehe. i took shek's suggestion and drove- hence i couldn't drink ;)

The Smiling Girl said...

Learn from me Babe.. I am practicing detachment! :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

SG,
detachment mushkil hai yaar. let me know how it goes. :-)

Rebellion said...

@ SG & Lajjo
Mushkil?? Hell difficult :/
Lemme know too SG... how it goes n how to go about it as well :/