Friday, May 18, 2007

SLOTH

I woke up early enough (by my standards) and made my chai. Stared outside for a while, then made a few phone calls. Someone was coming to buy my T.V. The prospective buyer paid me the money and said she'd come back with help to carry it off. I decided to watch as much TV as I could until she came to get it. This was the last of my big possessions and I was happy to be done with it. She called few hours later and asked if she could have her money back, saying there was some family emergency. How does one refuse that? I told her she could come back and take her money. I lazed on the futon and watched more TV, feeling that happy feeling of just being granted a deadline extension. I have time-sensitive stuff to do in the lab, but the lethargy is overwhelming. I also have some wonderful books I had set aside to read, but that was not happening. I idled away time all day blog-surfing and stalking people on my three different accounts on gtalk and making them chat with me. There are boxes to pack, files to organize, but I just lazed, lazed and lazed. I haven't done this in a while. That is not entirely true, there have been those days, I just never felt like going to lab and spent a day lazing, but there was always that undercurrent of guilt. Today, I think I finally perfected the art of guilt-free lazing.

Finally it was 6 pm, I could watch Seinfeld. The T.V. is still here, so I can watch some more. But the self-disgust is beginning to seep in. While pointless idling can be fun every now and then, I don't think I can do it too often, especially the guilt-free part. So I figured writing this post would account for something productive to show for myself. Heh heh heh.

21 comments:

Shek said...

You wouldnt know what guilt free lazing is till you meet my dog. Didnt you say you liked dogs?

@Rebellion,
Beat you again. Eat dirt.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

:-o why are you bent upon scaring me with canine threats?

but yeah, i think i know what you mean, i have a couple friends with sloth-like dogs i've actually envied. :p

Sakshi said...

@TGFI - First I don't get any pictures! Then I am not stalked on gtalk! Then to add insult to injury, you say I was part of the circus!!!
I am going to so my heart out here in the corner...

Shek said...

@Ipanema girl
You have not seen a sloth like dog till you've met a greyhound. Especially mine. She owns 60% of the big-ass couch and 88.5% of my full sized bed. If you ever need to start getting acquainted with dogs, start with greyhounds.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Sakshiiiiii
thousand apollogies. I will come and stalk soon. and i don't have any pics yet- the family sirkas managed to goof that up. :-)

Shek,
lol @ your dog taking up all your real estate. :) I don't see myself ever in a situation where I need to get acquainted with dogs, thanks. :|

Shripriya said...

SO proud of you ;)

Crazy Dhakkan said...

Phew! I am not the only one who's a guilt-free sloth! :P I have thousands of things to do!

In fact, since the lecture on wednesday, I had to find out the closing quantity of raw materials.. which is just a 2 step process. But I am so, so, SO lazy that I am just not doing it! Jeez.

And I beat RT here.. heh heh heh! :P Thengas to her! :P

Neihal said...

okay, Sakshi you get the time difference advantage..you even took away all my Heroes.....I soooo hate it!!
:P

Daktarni Sahiba I wanna say the same thing...I dont get Pictures (WHY???) and no stalking even though I am up most part of the night....and am not allowed multiple comments....waaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Seriously bhale logo ki kimat nahi hai duniya main!!

*ye duniya agar mil bhi jaye to kya hai, yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaye to kya hai*

:D

Rebellion said...

@ Lajjo
Productive indeed :P
I enjoy such guilt free sloth everyday :/ Its really strange Lajjo, to see you online full day yelling 'kahan marr gaye sab ke sab'. hehehe. You've always been busy enuff to even read all threads at one go, so those particular words from you were like.. funny to sound :P But good. I'll haunt you more now :P:P:P

@ Shek
No comments here. I've already replied you, where I should :P

@ CD
Great! So that proves you were more vaelli than me ;) :P

@ Neihal
Kya yaar? Lajjo ne dhamkaaya aur aap darr gaye? Kuch nahi karegi woh. She's vairrry sweet that way :D :P

*leaves before Lajjo gets up* :P:P:P

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

shripriya,
thanks :D

CD,
heheeh join the club.

neihal,
aaja tu bhi. was missing you in the draama here. :p

aarti,
hhehe- yeah, quite a contrast it is, no? and please, no need to encourage neihal any further. she was doing just fine.. i think you have to sort things out with shek. :p

Rebellion said...

Arre but one minute. Who gets the prize? Jis reason se yeh poora spamming n stuff ka start hua, uska result toh batao!

*offers Lajjo gulab jamuns, vada pav, pav bhaji, pani puri & all the perfect Mumbai junk* :D

Neihal said...

mujhko draamebbaj bola :'(

I am hurt!

Now I will need pictures of a glowing daktarni in a flowing gown , for marham purpose. Soch lo!!
:(

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

aarti and neihal
you two are incorrigible!
koi marham warham nai lagnewala. it's a tough world, baby.
:-)

Sakshi said...

@Rebellion - Are yeh kya? Sisterhood is being betrayed? Bribes being offered!!
Dhoka!!
Neihal, suna tuna?? Rebellion ki gaddari?

Emotional dramabazi is going to be my angle?Daktarni saheeba Is garib dukhiyari pe taras khana.. send me the prize and the pictures, puhleeeeeeeeaze!

Neihal said...

*speechless, hurt, in pain, aaaaaaaahhh*

*jane woh kaise log the jinke dosto ko tohfa mila, humne to jab pictures mangi humpar dramebaji ka iljam lagaaaa*

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

i agree, i think sakshi deserves the prize. which, btw, was all my love and affection. you get it, sakshi! :-)

Neihal said...

*aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Bahut dard ho raha hai Daktarni Sahiba!!

PS: If you thought you cud break the sisterhood by divide and rule...muhahaha

Sakshi Congrats dear :)
*Hugs*
You deserved it. :D

:P

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

LOL @ neihal. pain is a good thing.

Rebellion said...

@ Sakshi
I was gonna share it with Neihal & you anyway yaar. I never ditch my sistahs. You can ask Lajjo also. Sachiii :D

@ Lajjo
You just missed the vada pav and the gulab jamuns n all the junk. Aao idhar, dikhati hoon, hummpph :P hehehe

@ Sakshi
Congraaatssssssssssssss >:D<
hugs to you.
Now wot about sharing? I was taught sharing-sharing in school. You too were taught, right? ;)

@ Neihal
There are 'partners in crime' and then there are 'partners in pain' :P hehehe. I rule at PJ's :D

The Smiling Girl said...

U call this productivity? U dirty lazer!!!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

:-)