Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Eight ways to irritate mom

1. Wake up late, preferably after the water supply has stopped. Take a long bath and finish up most of stored water.

2. Complain about the lack of hot running water for bath.

3. Use yellow mug with red bucket.

4. Sit around while she watches saas-bahu serials and complain about how lousy they are and how she needs to stop watching them.

5. Walk around aimlessly while your mom is busy taking care of household chores. Offer to help but don't budge until the work has been done. Then say, "Arre, i was just going to get to it!". ahahahahahaha (laugh is optional, entails small risk to life)

6. Complain about feeling hungry even as food is being served.

7. Make expert comments on the food she has cooked.

8. Spend hours at the computer or phone.

Of all the things I have enjoyed at home after a long time, nothing beats a proper full-fledged scolding from my mom. Ahahahaha! how these ears have craved for it. :D

15 comments:

Rebellion said...

And I grab the GOLD :D

Janefield said...

LOL! This was ULTRA CUTE AND FUNNY! :))

Think I'll get my mom to read it. Applies in my home also you see :P

Coco Captive said...

You bet! I did almost the similar things when Mom was visiting... And I tell you, nothing beats Mom's scoldings... :D

Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Now I need to go home!! :(

P.S. - Does the PhD help in doing all this? :D

qsg said...

hahaha - too cute - right on, TGFI, you don't feel like you are home, until you get that scolding for all the things you have listed! Usually takes a 2+ week trip to get to that stage - I so wanna go home! :(

ferret said...

hahha too cute, totally with u on point 5 :)
someday we would like to read what ur mom would write about her daughter :P

shub said...

OKAY! Thassit! You're spending waaaaaaaay too much time at home than is allowed! stop making us jealous, you show off! Hmph!

shub said...

and! get back to amreeka or wherever and start ranting about missing home now! double hmph!
(I'm only this agitated cos my parents are leaving next weekend! *siigh*)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

aarti
congrats! :)

janefield,
:) did you show her yet?

cc,
:) partners in crime we are.

sudipta,
Does the PhD help in doing all this? :D
hahaha! if you're asking if it has contributed to more frustration in me and hence a larger desire to irritate my mom, may be yes. If you're asking if it helps get away with irritating my mom, the answer is NO. :( :)

qsg,
awww! sorry didn't mean to start this homesickness wave here. :p

ferret,
:) omg. my mom would only write embarrassing stories about me i imagine!

shub,
bwahahahahaha.
p.s: bure nazar waale tera muh kaala.
p.p.s: *spitting on my blog to keep out the nazar*
p.p.p.s: hugs! enjoy the rest of the week with your folks. it won't be fun after, but the blog is always there! :)

Coco Captive said...

Waere is the post I ask???
I yam coming here daily only to see how you irritate poor Aunty, is it? I waant to see that post... waere ees eet???

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

work in progress

Janefield said...

CC stop nagging my bitch.

Rebellion said...

:O
I didn't leave my second comment??
ok anyways, I told you off the blog. Superrr cute post that was and your mom is really as adorable as you are :D

Sujatha said...

#4: Did it all the time to my mom too. Now I can't. Sigh.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

jane
:D

rebellion,
thanks :)

sujatha,
:) it's fun isn't it?? ;)