Thursday, July 26, 2007

Random number 8

Tagged by Sayesha to write 8 random things about me. This blog has been O.D-ing on the self-indulgent bit of late, but that's the way it goes. And also a gentle reminder to all those who have yet to do my tag and still have the nerve to come read my blog. Chih! No shame comes???

1. I snap at people that are the closest to me when I'm in a rotten mood, even if they are not at fault. Thankfully most of them understand.

2. I have put on weight. First dissertation fat, then vacation fat. If I don't do something about it now, I will have three chins to show for it.

3. Things/people/events that were so important to me a month or more ago don't matter any more. This seems to be a recurrent theme, and is sometimes disturbing.

4. I love kids and am great with them. That's what I'd do for an alternative job, baby sit!

5. I don't watch many mainstream hindi movies, but in this vacation I've seen bheja fry (which i don't count as mainstream, and it was hilarious, btw) , sivaji (in telugu- it was pure torture), cheeni kum (which was kinda sick and made me want to throw up) and naqaab (which was passable, but akshaye with an e khanna is the cutest EVARRRRRR) *SIIIIIIIIGH*

6. I hate cats. (there, I said it)

7. I got a new haircut in hydie which I really like.

8. I love AkshayE with an E Khanna very much. I haven't stopped thinking about him since I wrote point #5. Siigh.

17 comments:

Sakshi said...

7. I got a new haircut in hydie which I really like.

We want to comment on it! Photo please :P

And yes, we are quite shameless.

Rebellion said...

LOLLLL! Akshaye with an E Khanna it seems. hehehehe. Bheja Fry is awesome, told ya you'd like it :D

PS: I'm glad my shameless sistah was here before me ;) :P

sd said...

"you will dutifully complete the tag if you have a shred of decency in you." No decency from us. No thank you! Hehe.

sd said...

"you will dutifully complete the tag if you have a shred of decency in you." No decency from us. No thank you! Hehe.

ferret said...

now we can't even read!!!!!

Born a Libran said...

Akshaye aint as good looking as Rahul,,,

Shek said...

cheeni kum was nice. You need to explain what made you throw up (an idea for a new post).

You hate cats. Maybe you should make friends with Laya after all ;)

AkshayE Khanna makes me want to throw up. Sorry babes.

Pri said...

wait! born a libran is a girl?
who knew?
or maybe im jumping the gun here
maybe he's a guy just appreciating male beauty. i happen to agree with BIL though. Rahul Khanna is way hotter. also his brother needs to stop doing these B grade movies.

p.s. i hear u have a tiwari brothers store in your city. kindly be parceling kaju pista kalash [it looks one thara like a bird with a beak] for ure good friend and fellow blogger ME. i promise to break many many coconuts for u outside your favourite temple [or my indian store] and i will ask the Gods to bless u will lots and lots of lowwlee childrens.

shub said...

I used to be torn between Akshaye with an e and Rahul Khanna. Yeah but after a point, Akshaye with and e with his silly wigs and sillier movies got to me. I liked him most in Doli saja ke rakhna and of course, DCH. After that all was downhill.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sakshi,
you are quite shameless, indeed!

rebellion,
bheja fry was fun, yes. I need to buy a dvd to take back with me.

p.s. you and your shameless sistah keep outdoing each other.

sd,
Very funny. it was not that tag i was referring to. it was the 8 things i'm proud of tag that all have to do irrespective of decency levels. HAH.


ferret,
yeah, you still can't. :@

libran,
rahul comes under a different category of appeal. i agree he's better than akshaye with an e. but it's not fair to compare.



shek,
the whole idea of amitabh and tabu and the dialogues were so blase. no depth at all. that would be my post.

pri,
send address i will send. and please, stop comparing.

shub,
yeah, well, that's the good part about not really following hindi movies. i just lust for akshaye with an e, never followed his roles/performances. he's just...siiigh.

Veo Claramente said...

Where did you get a nice haircut in Hydie? In more than fifteen years I have never managed that!
:)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

hi veo!
hehe. it was a friend's friend who just does it out of her house for a small (elite ;)) circle of people, so isn't really a salon or anything.

but, if you can tell me of a good tailor in hydie i might be able to give you more info. :p

Veo Claramente said...

Roma, near YMCA. She is moody but understands shape!
:)

Coco Captive said...

Naah... not three chins.. I remember counting till 6... :P

Janefield said...

didn't you do a similar random 8 tag earlier? oh well, keep 'em coming, i love these :D

Sayesha said...

Phottttto chahiye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm watching Dil Chahta Hai with Dad, and oh boy, tera AkshayE really packs a punch! I think this is his best movie! :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

CC,
saali.

jane,
those were 8 confessions. or may be i did this too. kya pata? i was being a good blogger and doing the tags I was tagged to do. HMPH.

sash,
le siiiigh.