Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yet another 8

Everyone is tagging everyone, and I am losing in the race. So I started another tag to tag everyone. It's not an original, I lifted it from here, but hopefully it has not yet made it to the circles of people I want to tag.

Write about eight events or reasons that make you proud of yourself. Wah! what a feel-good tag. It took me time to come up with eight, and towards the end I had to go back ten years to find something, but it was fun. All who are tagged must do, seriously. Otherwise I will shut this blog and "that" blog also. And this time I mean it! *serious glare*


1. I give good talks (as in scientific presentations). The position I am soon going to take up for my post-doc was offered to me the very same day of the interview, right after my talk! :D


2. I finally paid off the loan on my late car Candy the day I graduated.

3. I spent a couple months nursing my grandpa in the hospital in his last days (not fainting once), despite having the tendency to faint at the sight/smell of hospitals and blood.

4. I was able to pull together resources and help a dear friend in the time of serious need. It was one of the most confusing and scary periods in my life, but I stood by and for my friend throughout (with a lot of outside help).

5. I knew when to call it quits.

6. I have some wonderful friends I can count on anytime, anywhere.

7. While appearing for a competitive exam a long time ago (perhaps one of those numerous medical school entrances) I found the invigilator helping a student with answers. I raised a huge ruckus, got a lot of dirty looks, but he stopped helping the student.

8. Two friends who are doing exceedingly well right now mentioned to me recently how they took inspiration from my resourcefulness and stick-to-it-iveness, relating examples of mine I had myself forgotten. I am so happy for their successes and feel good to be a part of it in some way.

I tag
CC, Janefied and QSG (to see some positivity on your blogs)
CC (to see some substance on your blog) AHAHAHAHAAHHA!
Sayesha (you tag my blog I tag your blog)
Kaushik (so that will make two tags of mine you need to do, else face the consequences)
Greensatya (for old times sake :p)
Rebellion, Shek, Neihal, Sakshi(returning the favour for all those wonderful comments you made here)
Confused (I know you love a challenge. Heh heh heh)
Ferret (So I get the honour of being the second tag on your blog at least)
Pri (Because at least you will actually do the tag and also may be take my threat seriously).
Sumit (It's high time ;) )
Shripriya (just checking if you're alive ;) )
New additions: sd and b.a.l (and you thought you were spared? muahahahah)

Upon completion of tag, please leave a comment so I can hyperlink your names accordingly. (I am also too lazy right now to sit and hyperlink all)

P.S: If anyone was inadvertently left out , please consider yourself tagged as a result.

35 comments:

Coco Captive said...

What the heck? Positivity on my blog, man? I just wrote a post on love and u dare to call my blog negative.. teri toh!!!

And yes.. I also did Point 7 in my 10th class, and got different results.. :D

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

saari medum. post has been edited accordingly. :p

Pri said...

dude this one is tough and i cant even make stuff up this time.
damn u tgfi with sicrit blog.

Janefield said...

wot nonsense. i hv been insulated i say!!!

oh wait. is this wot u do for a friend? try and cheer them up n stuff? unique method u chose i must say. nice tag only :) u can chalk this up to be point no.9 :-)

btw..wot is this fixation with EIGHT????

Rebellion said...

Nice feel-good tag but from where do I get 8 points I aks?? x-(
Chalo, seven of my friends will help me give 7 points & I take the either one. muahahahaha :P

Rebellion said...

*eight, not either
typo! sorry.
C'mon sistahs, please feel free to be out with something good that you think is there in me :P

Rebellion said...

And Lajjo jee, you're included in sistahs too. You tagged me na, now face it yourself :P

Rebellion said...

khi khi khi khi
And this last comment was to keep up to my image :P:P:P

Sayesha said...

I am done! Wheeeeee! :D

Janefield said...

@RT, i dont think spamming qualifies as something to be proud of, babe! There, I helped!! :P

Sakshi said...

@RT- Don't listen to wanna be spammers.. this conversation skill you have is something I am proud of ;)

confused said...

Bhai this 8 is extremely hard to do...

Sakshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sakshi said...

Sigh. I thought and thought and thought some more.. still can not come up with 8 points - I think I should be exempt from this! I protest! I am being made to feel bad! Where are the effigies?

Done! With a twist :D

Shripriya said...

Yes, yes, very much alive and kicking but in a bit of blog funk. Just emerged... Hmm... this tag has a very self-congratulatory theme, no? :)

rebel said...

Just stumbled on to your blog.. Nice one you have up thr..

sd said...

Very nice post.

sd said...

Very nice post.

Sujatha said...

#5 I appreciate very much. Something I can't do most of the time.

:: ASCII ZONE :: Moderator said...

well its all tag game.. money game !!

.•*´▒▒¨`*•.¸¸.•*´▒▒¨`*•.¸¸.•*´▒▒¨`*•.
http://asciizone.blogspot.com
.•*´▒▒¨`*•.¸¸.•*´▒▒¨`*•.¸¸.•*´▒▒¨`*•.

ferret said...

this is a tough one!! 8 points, some concession pliss, therez a limit to which i can lie!!!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sash,
you're the only one that wants my blog to live.

janefield,
ahahahaha!

sakshi,
it goes for you too. ;)

confused,
haan yaar. tera problem i understand. but still, you have to try. :p

sakshi,
sorry. will not accept versions. do or this blog dies!

shripriya,
heya! good to know you're alive. yes, it's self-congratulatory. and i'd be very embarrassed if i was the only one to have actually done it. so please do.

rebel,
you are tagged too!

sd,
arre- how could i forget you? kindly oblige, now that i know you have a blog.

sujatha,
yes, #5 is tough. i learned it the hard way. looking forward to seeing your eight. :p

ferret,
sorry no consesshan!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sash,
you're the only one that wants my blog to live.

janefield,
ahahahaha!

sakshi,
it goes for you too. ;)

confused,
haan yaar. tera problem i understand. but still, you have to try. :p

sakshi,
sorry. will not accept versions. do or this blog dies!

shripriya,
heya! good to know you're alive. yes, it's self-congratulatory. and i'd be very embarrassed if i was the only one to have actually done it. so please do.

rebel,
you are tagged too!

sd,
arre- how could i forget you? kindly oblige, now that i know you have a blog.

sujatha,
yes, #5 is tough. i learned it the hard way. looking forward to seeing your eight. :p

ferret,
sorry no consesshan!

Born a Libran said...

I seriously have to ask you people... Is it that I dont have any bloggable material that makes you people tag me? I have been tagged 4 times in 1 week.

Janefield said...

ROFL @ poor BaL :)))))

i also hv tough time with no.5. sigh.

Rebellion said...

AND WHY WERE MY COMMENT(S) NOT ANSWERED??? HMMPPPHHHHHH X-(

Rebellion said...

Baaki sabko do do baar reply kiya, mujhe ek baar bhi nahi :O

YEH NAINSAAFI HAI MYLORD! I PROTESTTTT :-s

Janefield said...

rebellion, chill re. drink some wine and go to sleep :P

Rebellion said...

@ Jane
Yeah yeah, coz your comment was replied na? Dekh loongi sabko. I know you all are conspiring against me. Sabko dekh loongi
HMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHH :P

Janefield said...

ok obviously one glass wasn't enough for this dudette! :) koi isko talli banakar chodo!

TS said...

Thats a whole lotta eights!

Rebellion said...

@ Jane
Mujhe talli karna itna aasaan nahi hai. YOu know that, don't you? :P

Coco Captive said...

Done with this tag!
Now send me invite that secret blog!!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

@ rebellion
thousand and one apologies!!!! :o
i had written in answer to you,
"NO CHEATING ALLOWED!!!"

:P
plij give maafis.

ferret said...

finally the creativity soared and i did come up with full 8 points!!!!!