Thursday, September 06, 2007

whine

I think the alone-ness has hit me finally. Last week a bad migraine and a long day at work made me yearn to go and find a friend, get a drink or a meal with, and just sit and yap. Today I burnt my hand in the lab, and I don't want to get all wussy, but yeah, i could give in to some whining. I find myself missing all my close friends from lutom, even though they left lutom a year before me, and the few other buddies that were around when I left. Phone calls can only come this close to making up for it, and at some point don't help because they make you miss the real thing even more. I miss dowtown lutom. I miss the night-time janitor in my building. I even miss my Ph.D advisor!  It doesn't help that I find this whole new resistance in me to make new close friendships. I have met some really nice folks around here but am keeping them at bay. New place, new friends, but that is going to take a while to happen. This is the downside of two-month long vacations at home- you almost forget how it is to live alone, deal with your problems alone and cook for yourself, which I haven't done since I got here. And to think I was complaining about how stifling it used to get at home sometimes. Heh heh heh. So glad my parents dont read this blog. ;)
 
Sigh. I gotta get with the program. And if anyone of you even dares to suggest marriage as a solution, I will hunt you down and beat you up. So be warned. :@ :)  

27 comments:

qsg said...

Why don't you get married? :p

qsg said...

...and you won't really have to hunt me down because you know where I live! :)

qsg said...

...and that takes care of bronze too! Or three? Oh well... who cares!

qsg said...

On another note - I know exactly how you feel - going thru a similar phase myself. Have driven some of the "friends" away myself - and didn't really have any contingency plans - so am hurting! Oh well!

Pri said...

a commitment ceremony maybe?

satish said...

Get married soon!

shub said...

awwww! I know that feeling...
let go of whatever's holding you back and go on and make friends of those nice people! Life's too short to be spent alone and blogging! :)
Hugs!

Sakshi said...

@QSG - Not fair! Hogging all the metals.
TGFI- Hugs, babe. And just get a boyfriend ;)

qsg said...

@sakshi: I am a girl - have a thing for precious metals and diamonds. Can you fault me for that???

Rebellion said...

lol. Since all the precious advices are already given, I just add a "ditto" to all my sistahs here. hehehe

Or, on second thoughts, you could get a pet home too :D Probably a rat or some e-coli! I wudn't suggest you to get the janitor home :P

Rebellion said...

Hugs to you sistah. Don't worry, you're just lazy and girl enuff to accept it. I'm so proud of you ;)

Rebellion said...

And yeah, if none of the above solutions work, you sure SHOULD get married!
hehehe

Rebellion said...

And dont waste time hunting me down. You sure remember my home, don't you?

Rebellion said...

Instead, spend the useful time in searching a match for yourself. muahahahahaha

Rebellion said...

Ok, last comment! Was a good girl all this while posting single comments. This time, just giving full saath to Gems :D :P

Chill n smile sweetz >:D<

Well Heeled said...

Awww!

Sakshi said...

And the Sistah is back :)
I like this .. much more fun than my whining about leaving my place :)

And Rebellion, I will just ask TGFI to follow your advice - then I won't be hunted down... err, right, TGFI?

@ QSG- are, hum logon ke liye at least bronze chod dete..

qsg said...

Thanks RT - I appreciate the support - and yours too Sakshi...

BTW meddum TGFI - did I read right - you miss the janitor? ;)

Kaala Kavva said...

worry not, you're not alone
lonliness hits everyone
just convert it into solitude

Revealed said...

Welcome back :). Science rocks :). Let's say it together now. 1...2...3...

Coco Captive said...

Btw, I can make ur parents read ur blog.. :P
And I can do something about the marriage thingy also.. shall I start my lookout? :P

Duhita said...

hellos!!!...you are back and I have concluded that I am never sending that card out this year:p No worries, I am sure it will all work out and you will make new friends soon. But hey what do I know:p

Tachyoson said...

well work is very alone-promoting. it never seems the same as college. get a iguana.

Sakshi said...

WHINE...
TGFI is not updating..
Whine...

Janefield said...

good grief! the spamming sistahs inc. is back in full swing i see!

tgfi..i'm back babeh! no more whining now, from now on only wining and dining :P

Coco Captive said...

Haaaaaawwwwwwwwww... what is this I yam seeeing here... Jane is writing this stuff on blog... Haaaawwww... kya hoga is duniya ka...

TinTin said...

Yeah, get married. It'll end all your woes.