Saturday, October 20, 2007

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom

I got tired of not having furniture and decided to buy a table and two chairs off craigs list where the guys said they'd even deliver the stuff. I consulted everyone in my lab with the picture and took a poll on whether I should buy without actually seeing it. Much discussion followed on colour, upholstery, how to redo if ugly, sturdiness, indoors or outdoors, formica or laminated blah blah. The consensus was, it's a good deal, go for it, you don't have much to lose, and you're tired of living on your futon. So I got it. The two guys hauled it up too, and the table itself was pretty heavy, so I was quite grateful. I reported in lab yesterday that the table actually looked okay, it was nothing like I'd feared and totally agreeable. And finally I had a table, on which I could set up my computer and blog my emo posts. Yay.
Today, around the stroke of midnight, to be precise, while I sat in front of the computer, chatting, I felt a sinking feeling as the seat of the chair gave way and..
SOFLMAO!

13 comments:

Klastos said...

That part about your "emo posts" made me laugh.

Coco Captive said...

Tu neeche gir gayi?
ROFLMAO... :P

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

klastos,
:). feel free to lol about the falling through the chair bit. it was hilarious!

cc,
:D.

Tachyoson said...

well thats what you get for getting an internet chair .... where are you sitting and writing this post now?

Sakshi said...

hehehhehee....
I guess I need to stop visiting craig list and go and buy my furniture after sitting on it :D

Raj said...

Heh! Funny! But unless there was a rock below the chair, you haven't hit rock bottom yet. Technically speaking! :D

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

tachyoson,
the other chair. :p

sakshi,
yes, please.

raj,
hehe yeah, technically speaking. :)

qsg said...

@tgfi: Virtual chair, eh?? There is something to be said for the real physical world, eh? ;)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

qsg,
hehehhehe. :))))

confused said...

Considering your fat ass, don't think it would have hurt you too much.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

confused,
thanks for your concern. and i dont have to explain to you this blog's policy on offensive comments.

:-)

Born a Libran said...

Hehe... The way to buy 2nd hand stuff is not aesthetic appeal alone... But usefulness of said material... :D

Janefield said...

wot a FALL fall it must have been!! :P