- offered their unconditional support and encouragement. Always.
- would run out to the mall every time you had a conference to go to and buy you a new outfit to wear for it.
- would lend you the keys to their car before you could even ask.
- would cook and bring you food when you were sick.
- would trouble-shoot your experiments for you over a cup of chai
- you could call to your messy apartment in the middle of the night to help you find your passport since you need to catch an international flight in a few hours
- would proceed to find your passport for you and drive you to the airport
- knew what you liked, always made sure you got it
- understood you, stood by you and goaded you on
- got all your jokes and laughed with you
- would drive 2 hours to get you from the airport at 3 am
- indulged in you and your impulsiveness
And there aren't that many times in life you meet a single person capable of being and doing all of the above and more!
The sad part is never being able to get a chance to say thanks.. or sorry.
I continue to remain optimistic, and hope dearly for that chance.