Saturday, October 13, 2007

What's on my mind

The bastard bike vandals. Last night, someone tried to steal my bike seat (but couldn't get very far, so I found it this morning with the seat all wobbly and tampered with). Since they couldn't get the seat, they went for my bike rack.

Now this was not parked in the same place as when they took my light, so they're obviously all over this place. I have learned my lesson and will never park my bike in places besides apartment and department. Although, I had one bike stolen when I was in Lutom, right from in front of my apartment! I am aware of the menace and stick to no-frills bikes to minimize my losses, but every time shit like this happens, it makes me feel so angry and violated. I also feel sad because my current bike was one of the things that moved with me from Lutom and is therefore special. The thought of these idiot people screwing with it is not a happy thought.

8 comments:

sd said...

Hope the seat does not need to be replaced.

I think this bike-stealing thing is like a common characteristic of all university towns/places close to universities. Idhar, mere current town mein bhi same hota hain!

Anurag Srivastava said...

The sadist in me is happy to know that this happens in US too :)

Anyways, I feel sorry for your bike. So please convey my consolations to your bike

Sujatha said...

I hope this never happens, but if you do lose your bike, search for it on Craigs List. You're bound to find it there a couple of days later. :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sd,
no, seat is ok. just needs to be tightened. udhar bhi hota hai? it is a common headache, and i'm getting quite tired of it now.

anurag,
heh. bike says thanks. :)

sujatha,
lol! this is so freaky because i was just on craigs list hunting for furniture as your comment came in! :)

Raj said...

You feel violated? Imagine what the bike must be going through! :)

Why don't you get a bike guard or something?

Coco Captive said...

U have something that I always wanted!!

A bicycle... :(
Kam se kam is baat ki toh khushi manao..

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

u dont have a cykal?

Janefield said...

WHO DARED TO TAMPER WITH OUR CYKAL I WANT TO KNOW NOW!! CUSTARDS!!!