Monday, February 18, 2008

Smooth. Sexy. Black.

Remember this post? All your comments actually helped me follow my heart and stick to buying a mac. Introducing Kalia, my shiny new MacBook! We are currently in the getting-to-know-each-other phase and it has been pure bliss.

yay! :)

In other apple-related news, I went to the Apple store on 5th Ave in NYC. While the building and the store itself were pretty impressive, true apple style, I was expecting a lot more for the hype. I am not sure what, though. It was of course, crowded as hell like a mela of sorts, with long banks of computers, ipod stations, gaming stations set up and every one of them being used. After we left the store and were back out in the cold I realised that I had dropped my cap somewhere..we went back in with very little hopes of retrieving it, given how crowded the store was. But this super helpful store-rep told me they had kept it, and gave me my cap back! That was my favourite part of the experience. :) It's not some ainwai cap either.its a really cute black one and has always gotten me compliments..I would've been really sad if I lost it. I am not going to use it for the rest of the season now.

Posted from Kalia

13 comments:

Ms Taggart said...

Congrats on acquiring Kalia, girl!
Black and all, is it?

I think we will give away our Corleone and get another one, in this case! :)

Raj said...

Congrats! :)

aequo animo said...

Black cap, black mac and the girl from Ipanema, will sure get lots of admiring glances ( second ones too).

traveller said...

Just stumbled across your blog. Pretty neat one.. And congrats on acquiring Kalia :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Ms T,
thankya. :) don't you dare give away corleone! give her to me!

raj,
thanks
kalia says hello. ;)

a a,
hehe. yes yes, macs are the best dude magnets, next to tgfi and her black cap. ;)

hello traveller,
glad you enjoyed the blog and thanks. :)

mazhalai said...

clap clap :)

Anonymous said...

Who constituted the other part of ''we''?

sepulchritude said...

PC alert! Kindly change title to "Smooth. Sexy. African American."

shub said...

way to go! congrats :D

Crime Master said...

Ossum!! Congratulations, girl!! And congratulations to Kalia too! :D

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

mazhalai,
:) *takes a bow, mac in hand*

anony,
why, me and kalia of course, duh!

sepuchritude,
hah. the laptop has been christened kalia. as you can see, there is no hope for PC here. :p

shub, CM,
thankya thankya :)

Sakshi said...

YAYYY!
Welcome to the jungle. Now lets go and convert few more to this religion :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sakshi,
let me know who the target is. :)