Monday, March 17, 2008

Four

I've a total of four friends in and around the city now. Not counting folks at work, with whom also I've developed some semblance of happy social interactions. They are actually quite good fun to be around, so long as you screen out the irritants and the negativity. But I am more happy about these non-work connections. I am regaining that life where I can call someone, fix up a time to meet, go out and discover a new eating place, walk around town, chat, discuss a book, make more plans to meet. I think the better weather is also helping. The break from my self-contained world is nice. Life is such a see-saw, though. Just when my personal life is looking up, the work-front misbehaves. But at least the social outlet keeps things sane. And if not, the blog is always there. ;)

10 comments:

shub said...

Nice, and good that there are friends apart from the workmates too. And yes, what else are blogs but an outlet for our madness?!

sepulchritude said...

It's easy t0 befriend a blog. How on earth does one cultivate human contacts?

"I am regaining...I can call someone, fix up a time to meet...walk around town...discuss a book..."

Sigh! If only...

aequo animo (advocatus diaboli) said...

Hmm.. so you are not a bot!
and u r soon going to be married too :D

Sakshi said...

I noticed the yo-yo thing too. Work goes great, personal life in dumps. And then vice-versa. Life is a tale of twisted humor :)

And why is AA saying you be getting married? Huh? huh? dish!!!

dharmabum said...

the blog is always there, really, it has made such a difference to so many of us, its not even funny.

PS: vunn tiiight SlaP. - not for me. please. :P

Jawahara Saidullah said...

Hey, your blog is really cool to read...sort of like internet candy :-)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

shub,
:).absolutely.

sepulchritude,
it is a lot easier to befriend a blog. :) one cultivates human contacts by spending less time with blogs, to start with. ;)
it takes more effort, but i think its necessary.

a a,
but who says bots can't be married?

sakshi,
yeah girl. quite twisted. i already told you about my marriage. you made a joke of it. hmph.

hi dharmabum,
:) i like that handle. :) yes, its bordering tragic- how blogs have taken over. ;)

hi jawahara saidullah!,
internet candy! hehehhe. thanks. :)

radhika said...

Hey!
I really enjoy reading your blog!!
Great Job!

Ms Taggart said...

Yeah... hum to waise bhi hain na... :)
Good the social life is catching up... Mine is still bad! :(

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

hi radhika!
thanks! so much tripe on here...comments like that embarrass me. :p

Ms T,
yeah..i've figured it takes a good deal of effort and acceptance that not everyone is "Your type". but i need some social life to keep my sanity intact.