Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Beautiful day

I can finally see why weather is such a hot topic of conversation. After the dreary winter (the joys of experiencing my first snow and building my first snowman notwithstanding) today was the first real day of spring here. It was a lovely day. I went out for a walk and saw gardens in bloom, parents playing outside with little kids, hot guys running in banians, general cheer all over the place. Such a stark contrast from the depressing days of rain and cold and having to wear three layers before stepping out. I ambled around aimlessly, feeling uplifted about nothing in particular and everything in general. Singing to myself. Enjoying the brisk air. A distinct difference from my mood in the winter, when it was so easy to get bluesy and depressed.

I saw a little kid help his mom clean their car. Cute, I thought, smiling to myself. Such fun to walk around without a care..I thought. As I made my way home, still smiling to myself, I saw the large traffic lines and surly drivers faces. My smile turned into a grin. Such fun to walk around without a car..... :p

And as I write this post, I can hear the rain beating down. :)

10 comments:

Silvara said...

I heart Spring....winter is on its way here and i hate it. especially the rain - it frizzes my hair :(

Solitaire said...

Where tell me where?
It was in the 40s here today in Ohio and I died while walking back cos it was in the 50's in the morning and did not warm clothes on me.

Born a Libran said...

I am with Solitaire... Only change being it was 40s throughout the day here....

But worse time for bad change in weather for me has been a change from 50s in the daytime to feels like -10 during my return journey - and I went with a leather jacket on me... The worst case of the chills I had...

rishabh said...

it rained here too, and something strangely romantic about rain, especially if its in the middle of a desert

gradwolf said...

Its been pleasant, the first two days of April here, in Raleigh. Hope it stays this way for at least a month! Its been quite weird, fluctuating for the past 3 weeks..



--

Adithya

sd said...

Being shameless:

Some year back I wrote this shamelessly pathetic post on rains and Mumbai - last month going over my archive, I felt like reposting it....

http://sdnothought.blogspot.com/2008/02/long-lost-post-remembering-it-for-all.html

Warning: The post is cloyingly soppy!

Sakshi said...

Bwahahahhahahaha.
Its always spring here ...

rahul said...

well, actually today its awesome in delhi, rained heavily last night, some western disturbance saving us from the scorching summer...........I am loving it :P

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

thanks all for weather updates from all over. :p I miss mumbai monsoons!

sd, tu to properly blog karne laga hai! that was quite a senti post on rains in bbay. nice! good to see you blog. :)

Pri said...

what no!! winter is awesome. let's see - there's sweaters and hot chocolate. plus people sweat in summer. and they either cant tell or dont care. either way it disturbs my ambience.