Thursday, April 03, 2008

On showing up early at work

I reelly don't want to jinx myself but I can't resist showing off either. The good part about acquiring a reputation for going late to work is that when you do go early, you get lots of praise and attention. So for three days in a row I've been making it into work before 9 AM. Monday I showed up at 9 or so and my boss was thrilled. Tuesday I was there at 8 AM and boss man almost turned cartwheels in excitement. Yesterday he rewarded me with more work.

While I do get more done and it puts me in a good mood, if I make it a habit then I won't get all this bhau no? But today there's lab meeting at 9 am so I have to go anyway. Whoever came up with the idea of 9 AM meetings needs to be sent to sleep-hell.

GOOD MORNING MERRY SUNSHINE! :)

15 comments:

sepulchritude said...

Or you could just mosey in at 11 am and tell everyone that you'd been doing SEM/TEM/AFM/something outside the lab confines since 6 am. Of course, they will expect data at some point...

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

hello brother,
yes, "Show me the data" are the four most oft repeated words in here.

Born a Libran said...

Keep up the good work...

ggop said...

How do you do this?!! You sleep at 3am..

Pri said...

yeah also whoever decided monday mornings at 8 would be an excellent WEEKLY meeting time needs to be shot in the face.

plus nobody buys it when you call from starbucks and offer to pick up coffee from everyone. they know the real reason you're calling.

Rajtilak Bhattacharjee said...

nice blog, but why dont you write often...

Crime Master said...

I think we should have a 4 day weekend, from Friday to Monday.

Hmph.

Yeh paisa toh sab moh maya hai.. an illusion! :p

bubbliness said...

9 AM! theres a guy at my workplace that insists on keeping meetings at 7 AM and then starts calling me an hour before to make sure I get on time. Luckily management stopped him :D It helps to have the boss on ure side :)

Arpz said...

hahaha and I have managed to con my boss that 11AM is morning. Every hour before that IS NIGHT WONLY :D

Ms Taggart said...

9 AM & 530 PM meetings should banned !!!

Drenched said...

Hate 9 baje meetings? Kyun? School nahin bheja kisi ne kabhi?

rishabh said...

lite teesko :P

Tachyoson said...

going to work early = staying back lateR than if you went .

good if you have appreciative bosses otherwise , all you get is getting taken for granted.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

@ ggop,
yeah, by friday the lack of sleep was telling. this week i'm trying going to bed early, getting exercise in the evenings etc. to put me to sleep.

Partho said...

Keep up the good work. My boss used to say, sincerity and hard work will always be rewarded. (Sotto voce)With more work.