Wednesday, April 09, 2008

w.o.m.m #15

I had too much to eat for lunch. I want to take a nap.

I'm in a scientific slump these days. I lost all the four cell lines I was working on 2 weeks ago. Still haven't figured out why, but I am starting anew now. The episode has pushed back experiments by a bit. It's not like I don't have anything else to do, but I'm tired of doing "routine stuff" and want to do a real experiment. Something that involves the suspense of "what happens if" and "how does it look when"..

To displace this feeling of "i don't have anything to do" Let me make a list of what I need to do

1) Plan and prep for experiment A (FCs, I,W, TC, RTPCR)
2) Order stuff for experiment B (Dn)
3) Complete analyses for revisions for phd paper. (yuck)
4) Start making poster
5) Revise hypotheses

Sadly, none of them appeal to me right now. I'd rather go downtown and watch movie after movie at the film festival.

Sigh.

10 comments:

sd said...

I am struggling with (3) for what seems like ages. Its very yuck. Sorry.

sd said...

Did you see the latest on phdcomics.com

http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1000

sd said...

Did you see the latest on phdcomics.com

http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1000

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sympathy hugs sd. after that long rambling rant i wrote on how i maraoed apne hi pair pe kulhadi by not submitting the paper earlier, i wish i'd at least get it done now.

the longer it takes, the worse it gets.

sepulchritude said...

Shishter, not to make matters worse but I think you forgot the ERDFT for the WQTER123 protocol for expt A.

Good news is that Colbert's coming to your backyard next week.

sepulchritude said...

Commiseration warrants a second comment. I too have a cell line that died recently. It's called my brain.

Sakshi said...

hugs.
What conference you be going to?

Born a Libran said...

Try finishing three... It sounds like the biggest pain in the list...

Abhishek Upadhyay said...

Oh,
Your are one of those girls who have brains of size of coconuts...researchers,scientists.

So what did you do?Which movie did you see?

phatichar said...

Movie after movie? Wow, sounds yummm.