Thursday, April 24, 2008

W.O.M.M. #n+1

Damned if I do, damned if I don't pretty much surmises it for me. I am getting sick of this tussle. Must remind myself to be nice to me, give myself some time, be easy on myself and learn to shake things off and move on.

The weekend is here! It's been a busy week. A few good things happened and my face says it all. The joke in the lab is that one can tell the state of my cells (The cells i work on) by looking at my face. Yesterday the cells were happy and glowing, and so was my face. :) A week or two ago when things weren't going too well, people were actively keeping out of my way in the lab and I hadn't even snapped at anyone! :)

I have some totally bizarre flashbacks in my head sometimes. Especially when I'm really busy at work doing something monotonous or repetitive. All of a sudden, that street outside the building I used to live in back in bombay flashes past. Today S uncles flat in versova, and the quadrangle in front of their balcony flashed through my head. I don't even know why! Often it is the galli outside my college, and sometimes even streets of lutom. Weird.

I am going to make baingan ka bhartha tonight.

n= the previous WOMM. :)

11 comments:

Pri said...

so i've been meaning to ask. what's a womm? it reads like womb and that's not a word i'm comfortable with.

wat it be dr.didi?

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

why are you not comfortable with womb? i think this is a deeper issue we need to address and diskass.

what w.o.m.m is, pales in significance.

tell me all about it baby!

Drenched said...

@pri: tgfi will now subject you to a loooong soporific (SAT type word) lecture. sympathies.
to make your life more comfortable, w.o.m.m. --> what's on my (stoopeed) mind, where 'my' refers to tgfi's.

@tgfi: i also have such insane flashbacks. today, while writing a long note on the 1991 economic reforms, i was getting bugged by this bhootiya street in paris where me and a friend once sat at 2 am on her bday night and where we saw people shouting pro-sarkozy slogans at that time. hmm, sarkozy --> capitalism --> 1991 indian economic reforms. you think yours can also be connected in a similar fashion?

-lazy bum navdy (actually signed in this time)

Born a Libran said...

A and most important) I am making gobi ke paranthe tonight...

B) I have had weird dreams in which I need money in IIT Bombay and I end up walking a couple of blocks and ending up at home in Chennai along the way knowing that I passed my house in Chambana but I didnt have cash there... I have dreams that link every place I used to call home at some point of time or the other... It leads to a very eerie feeling actually!!

Sakshi said...

a) Why am I not being fed? Please to ship food.

b) you sleep? tsk tsk. How sad. Don't you know you are supposed to now sit and stare longingly at the window for the prince to arrive? No wonder Hriiithik lost hope and now is do bacchhon ka baap.

Drenched said...

A and most important) I had kadhi for dinner with cucumber salad.
BaL's gobi ke paranthe can cause gas.
I'm having my nightly bhel right now.
Sakshi, you wanting?

B) I have weird dreams in which I lose my passport just before checking in and the officials tell me I can't leave the country and I cry for mommy. And then, I get rescued by somebody who finds my passport. This one keeps on modifying. Sometimes, the person is wearing a black overcoat and sometimes, he has a brown corduroy coat and sometimes, it's a nice leather jacket but he's very very hot and has hazel eyes.
He's my hero.
I have seen Hriiittiiikkk wearing all three types of jackets.
TGFI has lost Hrittiiikkk forever to me.

Born a Libran said...

C and least important) Drenched can have her share of bhel and Cucumber salad (yuck) but for us punjabis, gobi ke paranthe rox!!

Drenched said...

D and quite important) Drenched is as Punjabi as they come, BaL. She has also grown up mostly in Punjabi-dominated cities, unlike Bambaiyya Punjabis. She had kadhi, as she mentioned.
And cucumber salad is good!
Gobi ke paranthe are no good. Weird burps are no good.

Sakshi said...

@ BaL - Bhel Vs Gobi paratha --- is a no brainer!!!
Bhel all the way.. looks enviously at Drenched. Pass some here, puhleaseeee..
*Puppy dog face*

Sqrl/TA said...

my life currently revolves around statistical significance. looking at my face u can tell if p<0.05 or not. such sadness

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

libran,
d I end up walking a couple of blocks and ending up at home in Chennai along the way knowing that I passed my house in Chambana but I didnt have cash there... I have dreams that link every place I used to call home at some point of time or the other... It leads to a very eerie feeling actually!!

dude thats effin weird! :)

sqrl/ta,
ha ha ha! sympathies are there. :)