Wednesday, May 14, 2008

W.O.M.M #18 (thanks sd :) ).

Lots of assorted general whining follows.

S always chided me for listening to depressing music when I was down. (My love for desi dhinchaak was a well guarded secret then. :)).

Neither U2 nor desi dhinchaak. No music is helping right now. Perhaps I could use some S.:)

Or so I think.

I am having a spate of bad days. Some of it is my doing. Most of it I can fix. What I can't fix is not worth brooding over. I just need to remind myself of that and chug along.

Of all the domestic chores, the one I abhor the most is doing laundry in a public laundromat. I simply hate it. I hate having to lug the clothes down. Sometimes having to wait because all machines are being used. Queuing up. Going back down after an hour to move clothes to the drier. Going back again after an hour to bring it back up. Being worried about being late and someone else touching my clothes. AARGH. Or keeping someone waiting. Stuff falling on the floor by mistake. Not having enough quarters. Machine eating up quarters. All these things just make it annoying. So I put it off and put it off and put if off until..the situation turns into an emergency and I have no choice. Then the pressure of being forced to do it makes it even harder.

But i just did laundry. Because of all the tasks I had to do today, that was the least unappealing. And you know what, it wasn't so bad after all. May be I can get through the rest of the tasks too.

Why am I being such a whiny dolt? Why is it so hard for us to accept things? Why do we keep wishing/hoping otherwise when the truth is right there staring in our face? Why can't I let go? Why are some people so inconsiderate? Are they aiming to be mean? Are they so dumb or oblivious? Why do I let them get to me so much?

You don't get everything in life. Weigh your options. Pick a lane. Stick to it. Be true to yourself. And deal with it. Because shit happens. All the time.

5 comments:

Sakshi said...

Stop whining?
Then what will you blog about?

[Runs and hides from the abuse that will follow]

And for gawds sake remove moderation. Deleting spam will give you something else to brood over.

La vida Loca said...

hugs*
just to make u feel better

Raj said...

//You don't get everything in life.

Now thats what I have a problem with!
I want EVERYTHING! :(

shub said...

The last two lines? Keep telling myself that all the damn time. Else waking up every morning becomes a pain.
Are you feeling less cranky now?!

sd said...

You are most welcome TGFI :P

I hate doing laundry too- for all those reasons. It amazes me how everything other than work is ok for me to do, when research is going well; and how these 'life-sustaining activities' seem painful - when work is not going well.