Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Audience question

If, in a moment of weakness, you shared your blog url with someone you know IRL (In real life) [if you usually don't want people IYRL reading your blog], and later asked the person to stop reading the blog, how many of you believe that the said person will actually stop reading it?
How many of you are beyond caring?

I am somewhere in the middle, somewhere in between. The blog never tells the full story. Often it is impulsive, off the cuff outbursts. Often it is frivolous. Sometimes it runs on with a wild imagination.

And only the blogger knows how much.

8 comments:

Sakshi said...

I would hate if people in my real life read my blog. But I have given up trying to prevent them from reading it. A couple of my school friends stumbled on it and have read it regularly. I just locked some of my archives up and let them have the sanitized blog.
I hope they give up soon though. I cant share my personal, steamy dates with you ;)

ferret said...

i think more often than not, in such cases, the said person will continue reading it. And i dont think i could stop caring about it, it keeps popping in the mind when i go to publish a post. I am somewhere in the middle too, like you. But i just dont want to delete my blog again and get a new identity,, so i take the easier way out of keeping the posts in the drafts :P

shub said...

Have never asked people to stop reading my blog cos it's pointless. I have no control whatsoever over that. So mostly I just don't blog about stuff that I'm not too comfortable sharing and at other times I don't really care.

P said...

I would not stop reading definitely (unless I don't care for the stuff written anyways).
That's why none from my real life even knows that I have a blog :)

JustSo said...

hmm, couple of people I know IRL stumbled upon my URL and I hate it. Not because I say something on the blog that I cannot say to them, but because well, because ... I dont want them to. and I cant stop now.

Prashanth said...

Easy for me. I write such boring stuff that only people who are actually my friends would be interested in reading it :)

Janefield said...

this is like the chicken vs egg question :P

Sudipta Chatterjee said...

I, for one, can vouch that I will if asked to -- better retain a friend! :)

P.S. - Please don't ask me to -- your blog is interesting!