Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Homesick, home, sick.

Rotten migraine is back. I was going over my archives and reading about my awesome vacation last year around this time. Made me all the more homesick. Crave for my mom's TLC. Crave for Bombay. Wonder if it is still all that it means to me. Miss it anyway.

Sometimes I get this overwhelming wish to pack up and head back to India. Of course, its just a passing feeling but its quite strong when it is there. Enough to make me wonder what is keeping me back from actually finding a job and doing it? Nothing except the fact that I'd like to save some amount of money before I go back. And get a good paper out of this post-doc.

I'm just a sad puppy today. Looks like i'm going to wallow in self-pity for a bit, and not for lack of better things to do.

Must. snap out of it.

8 comments:

La vida Loca said...

I was just asking myself the same qs :(

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

i guess we all do at some point, eh? hugs.

Sakshi said...

You want to move closer where your parents will ask you why you are not marrying? or why not having kids?
Not only your parents but also you entire muhallah?
Is that what you want?
Then I can start getting you ready for it by asking you pesky questions all day long?

Oh wait. I already do that. Is that why you are missing home?

P said...

I know those feelings! A hug (mostly virtual ones) usually help me snap out of such state of mind. So here's a BIIIIG hug for you.

Ms Taggart said...

Come off for a small chutti re... :)
But then, u need a big hug!
*HUGS*

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sakshi,
sigh. :)

p, Ms T,
thanks for the hugs girls. :)

ferret said...

i hope the migraine is gone and u r better now.
i was in this miserable home-sick state the whole long weekend. falling ill always does that. i dont know what snapped me out of it,, but maybe it was the leisurely walk i took from the train station to home and strangely enough started singing to myself. it was such fun, and then u know how songs have these li'l incidents associated with them, i was smiling when i reached home :)
>hugs<

tgfi said...

ferret
am doing fine now girl. thanks :)
lol @ your cute little story. what song were you singing? hugs :)