Tuesday, July 08, 2008

W.o.m.m #23

Sad: at the fact that some people and some things never change. And I *still* let it get to me. Why? I really should stop caring. I don't need the grief...I never asked for it. I'd like to think I'm more thick skinned to these annoyances now, but I guess what really saddens me is being reminded about how much they'd affect me in the past. sigh. Mean people will be mean people. whether they mean it or not. heh.

Happy: I pimped up my bicycle today. Greased her joints, got her a new rack (to replace the one stolen by the bloody vandals way back then) and a new bottle-holder. I need a bell too, may be next time. The guy at the bike shop was telling me that there's been a clear increase in business since the rising fuel costs. More repairs than new bike purchases, though. He was nice and chatty, and I was reminded of the friendly rapport I had with the local bike shop in lutom..


Happy definitely >>>> Sad. :)

I just realised that my bicycle doesn't have a name. Hmm... must come up with one.
Edited in: The floor is open for suggestions...btw. To give you an idea of how i name things in my life, my computers have been called Hobbes and Kalia, and my car Basanti. (Clearly there is no pattern) :) The cycle is female.:)

20 comments:

Pri said...

haanji where i can get cycle with a/c? and driver. also little comfortable seats.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Pri,
sorry ji i don't know but maybe they can help??

Shripriya said...

Since we are in the days of Wall-E, how about Weel-E?

Haha, I crack myself up...

Raj said...

How about Shakuntala?

Sonal said...

basanti, may be? oh wait! thats not the one i meant - i meant Dhanno - basanti's ghodi (horsey) who could compete with a train :D

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

shripriya,
hehe! :) but umm no.

raj,
no!

sonal,
basanti used to be my car. so need a different theme

all thanks for the suggestions keep em coming. :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

On second thoughts i'm liking weel-e! :) wheely..

Ms Taggart said...

How about Dhanno?

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

dhanno was suggested already, but i want a different theme.

aequo animo said...

Chameli?

Sakshi said...

How about Kitty (a la KITT from the Knightrider )

binaryfootprints said...

Tintin....also sounds like the bell on a cycle as in tring tring!!!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Chameli i like, :) kitty no (sounds like hello kitty) and tintin is a boy's name, binary footprints! :)

Stone said...

chandni?

Sonal said...

oh! basanti used to be your car? now i feel like a genius for suggesting similar/same without knowing it... even though i'm not a phd n all ;)

Sonal said...

ok that comment of mine didn't make much sense.. what i meant was, now i feel like a genius for thinking along the same theme, which makes me feel good.. but i m not a phd n all..

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

chandni is nice, but the cycle is not silver..

sonal, yes yes you are a genius, and you don't have to have a phd to be one. :)

Silvara said...

I like Chameli... :D

My mind has gone blank and can't think of anything else...so yeah...Chameli is good :D

Raj said...

Jalebi?

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

silvara,
i like chameli too..

raj,
tu please rehne de. appreciate the thought. :)