Thursday, August 07, 2008

Note to self

Trust your gut instinct. It has always worked for you. And you have always regretted the times you did not trust it.


People lie. All the time. through their teeth. And people are also very capable of coming up with explanations to explain away every lie. Not. worth. anything.

Desist from painting everyone with a wide brush. It's most easy to give in to, but you know it doesn't paint the correct picture.

It's never too late to admit that you were stupid/foolish/got taken for a ride. And no one is infallible, so its ok if you did. The important thing is to stop denying it, be able to face it and remember the lessons you learned from it.

Sometimes I can't stop wondering Why? Why me? How me? But when I step back and take it all in, it just makes me laugh. :)

8 comments:

Partho said...

Your last line reminds me of Charlie Brown and his series "Sometimes I lie awake at night and I ask myself, 'why me?' then a voice comes back to me that says...." you know, that sort of stuff.
You sound very very lonely, making all those notes to yourself :(

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

aww. that did come off terribly depressing..these are just passing thoughts, just take with a pinch of salt. i blog them to get them out of my system so they don't keep bugging me. :)

perplexed said...

i agree with the instinct part... every time i have ignored them, it has been a disaster!!

Tachyoson said...

think of it this way, from the point of view of a raindrop, the ground is coming up very fast to strike him and him alone (even though he's a part of a rainstorm)

Dewdrop said...

Its streange how we keep forgetting these simple rules of life right? I totally agree with the instinct one, very time I ignored it, I led me to huge disasters. :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

perplexed,
yeah!

tachyoson..
whoa! i am not sure i got what you meant..but..

dewdrop,
yep, we all need little reminders. :)

ferret said...

paper kidhar tak pahuncha!!
aur agar koi ladka nahi phansa abhi tak to ek blogpost to kar do :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

ferret
:-) your wish is my command.