Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stressed

My mom suffers from a chronic skin ailment. That surfaces in the worst possible ways when she is stressed out or irritated...causing her to itch uncontrollably. I remember all the fights we had..the shouting matches and arguments finally giving way to the sound of my mom's nails grating against her skin. It was so disturbing, the fights would automatically stop and leave me feeling horribly guilty for bringing it on.

I've inherited the exact same response to stress. Today was the last straw in a string of unhappy days. As I sat down, scratching away at my red skin, the same sound and the same skin reaction as my mom- I was reminded of all those scenes at home...the exact issues which were the bone of contention between my mom and me came back to my head. I reminded myself so much of her at this instant, except that my itching bouts are not even brought on by a bratty daughter...just me.

Ah well. Life hai, fight hai. This too shall pass and all that jazz. The itching has finally stopped and I'm going to sleep..tomorrow is another fight.

6 comments:

La vida Loca said...

OMG!
Get well soon girl.
See a GP about getting a steroid/anti histamine cream maybe?

Sakshi said...

Hugs, babes.
What can I do to help?

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

thanks girls.. am okay ...its an occasional thing..:)

Ms Taggart said...

Guess its stressaria all around..
Hugs to you! :)

Baawra said...

Hi TGFI,

I am frequent reader of your blog. A while before you went on your blog break I noticed that your happy posts were getting fewer. Here is some unsolicited advise/concern: Learn to go a little easy on yourself. Taking things easy doesn't really come naturally to me but thinking about all things that represent innocence in this world sometimes help: like the innocent questions I get my grand dad, my 6 year old cousin ... etc. The only way to learn how to take things easy is to actually do it... :)

Stay your awesome self! :)
rk

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

ms T,
thanks babe.

baawra/rk,
thanks for your note and concern. That is very sweet of you. your advice is well taken, and I guess I'll have to work harder at the take it easy thing. :p