Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday AM random

So I was in the midst of a Saturday laundry-cum-check-on-cells-in-the-lab-cum-clean-up-apt-for-company-is-being-expected morning while listening to desi radio on itunes (i've discovered yet another channel) and generally trying to get into an upbeat mood. The folks in the house across my apt. building are having a yard sale, so I stopped by there on my way from the lab to see if I needed to buy any junk that I didn't need (there is a difference between need to buy and need for the article). Suddenly I hear my name being shouted from a distance "TGFI! TGFI!") - I turn around and look up to see my neighbour, yelling from her window "TGFI! Dekho to unke paas istri hai kya!". I checked with them and waved the istri back at her. "Accha main aati hoon neeche" she said.

Now this is the kind of stuff that puts a smile on my lab-and-laundry Saturday. Weird and inconsequential as it may sound.

P.S: And I go down to find ALL the machines in the laundromat free. My day's about made.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

your neighbors also call u tgfi? What about pansy?

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

pansy?
that sounds more like YOUR name.

Pri said...

hehe. im having an awesome day too. starbucks finally reopened. ever since hurricane ike sniff they haven't had power and i had lost my secret power. now everything's better. yay us!

Ms Cris said...

Nice! Second time here. Neat blog! Especially like the profile pic!

satish said...

it put a smile on my face as well. thanks for sharing.

Sqrl/TA said...

All machines free?! Thats almost as good as finding change under the couch pillows:)

Anonymous said...

Laundromat huh?

Maybe you should get used to using them. With the way you write, it's hard to believe you'll ever be smart enough to find a real position with your shitty degree.

On the other hand, I hear people love hiring maids directly from India. think about it. You won't have to think too much, and it seems like you would enjoy it. Since you're so good with manual labor.

V said...

What did you pick up at the sale?

Anonymous said...

I think it is time to invoke Hanlon's razor for the anonymouse. It's that or PhD envy.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

pri,
yay indeed!

ms cris,
thank-you. :)

satish,
:-) you're very welcome

sqrl/ta,
hell yeah! :)

v,
nothing re. nothing i fancied.

anony @ 4:09,
well, its been a while since the blog gave out one tight slaps. and it seems like this wierdo gets off on them, so its all good. :)