Friday, September 19, 2008

W.O.M.M #29

I have had more drag-my-sorry-ass to work days than yay-i-can't-wait-to-go-see-how-that-expt-turned-out days.

I need some better company. I need to hang out with some more of the go-getters types. The ones I hang out with these days are either totally complacent in post-doc hell, too young and still in grad-school hell (poor sods), or just quietly doing their thing and making their way up, but not very vocal about it. I am not blaming my company for my current state of mind, but I need a change. At least I'm not hanging out with super-negative-the-world-is-about-to-end type people any more.

What I really need to do is to submit that paper. I can't get myself to do it. I never knew any one thing could be this hard. Or that any one thing was capable of ruining your happiness so single-handedly. Which is what I've let the paper do to me. Its like accelerated grad-school depression all over again and worse. What a bitch.

Any grad students reading this, NEVER leave your lab without submitting your last paper. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

14 comments:

V said...

Forgive my ignorance, what does W.O.M.M stand for?

I can think of many expressions but I'll scare you with my perverted mind.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

LOL
What's on my mind.

bring on your guesses- i'm curious. :)

V said...

I'm at work now. I don't want to type out my guesses only to have my manager looking over my shoulder at the screen. You get the picture. Yes, I have a nasty mind.

Hint: W can be woman.

Sakshi said...

@ V - Now I am curious. Do tell. I kept thinking Woman of/on/over but nothing nasty popped in my head (to complete the acronym, that is).

P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P said...

See that's why I come to your blog..at least you know what needs to be done :)
oops sorry..I'm not being a 'good company' material here :p

Rachna said...

It got me down soo much I left grad school... Depression is a bitch!

satish said...

but the world is about to end for sure. and for good.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sakshi, v,
this is what i could come up with:

woman over man's muscle?

ok sorry.

p,
:) nah, commiserators make great company.

rachna,
indeed it is!

satish,
hahaha! kabhi?

Anonymous said...

No one is interested in your vapid posts on your pathetic little life.

Get a job.

V said...

Close to what I thought, Woman On a Man's Manhood.

I'm not going to apologize. You asked for it.

I've many more but that'll require a good grasp of South Indian slang.

Sakshi said...

@ V - I did not think that as nasty. May be some of those southie slangs were on that lines. Put up a post ;)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

v,
haha i was close. how come i didn't think of manhood?

as sakshi says, put up a post with translations :p

sakshi,
yeah, i don't think its that bad either. :p

V said...

Well, the answer is obvious, innit? :P

Awesome idea! It's about time the goodness in the world met some nastiness.