Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quote World Unquote Series

So this is the last place to find a sports-related post, but even if I wanted to ignore it, I wouldn't be able to.It's Philadelphia, they just won the "World" Series (Baseball) after 30 years or something and people are going C-razy! Cars are honking all the way down the street, I can hear the cheering from the bar two blocks down the street from where I live and fireworks going off everywhere. It's nice. Pepped me up. I am trying to ignore my beef about them calling it the "World" series...that crib has gotten old now, no?

4 comments:

gawker said...

be safe.. stay away from Broad.

Ludwig said...

>I am trying to ignore my beef
> about them calling it the
> "World" series...that crib
> has gotten old now, no?

Let it be, TGFI, let it be. Take it from an ex-Bostonian (and towards the end a fairly intense Red Sox fan) those paths ("World Series? What 'world'?" etc.) are not worth traveling.

Live in the moment, you are World Champions!

qsg said...

I am so mad. I so wanted the Rays to win... so two of the teams I am supporting this year lost - first my dear dear Sox and now the Rays. Well, good for you!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Gawker,
thanks for the warning. i did keep away.

Ludwig,
:-) We are the World Champions! :)

QSG,
Ah. I knew this would draw you to comment too. sympathies and all..:)