Tuesday, November 11, 2008

W.O.M.M #31

1) I need to remind myself to let go. Everyone's entitled to their share of feeling wronged, sense of entitlement, grudges, petty hang ups, whatever. I don't have to go about fixing it all. I shouldn't even try. Especially when I don't know what it is. A little bit of indifference/distance/detachment is good.

2) Deep breaths. May be yoga even. Now's a good time.

3) No more pizza. for a year.
I don't eat pizza too much, to be honest. But on the rare occasion I do, it makes me sick. ugh. I think all those years of free pizza lunch, free pizza seminar, free pizza whatever in grad school are catching up.

4) I was seriously considering a trip home..now that won't happen. Bummer. On the other hand, I have this slight fear that if I go to India now I might just not want to come back. Ever.

5) This is a nice city. But the lack of friends and all the unhappiness at work have resulted in me having absolutely no attachment for the city after having lived here over a year. I'm excited about the prospect of moving to a new place. One thing I am hopefully going to do wherever I go next is to buy a car and get a life of sorts.

8 comments:

La vida Loca said...

oh cool! somethings all set then?

tgfi said...

not yet..am just excited about leaving and starting all over :p

Didelphinus said...

Have you thought of Europe? - if you're inclined that is
and can be bothered with another set of visa etc. formalities which I suppose you don't have to go through now.

Anyway, Good luck! have fun in the job-transition period :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Yeah, have seriously considered it..especially because there are more european post-doc postings right now than US..and I had always fancied a europe/UK stint..

But i've finally realized that this is not the time for me to experimeent or adventure..I need to stick to a safe zone of sorts and make a strong career move..so that I make the most of my next post-doc..in that sense the US is slightly better off (I've family and a support network here (both personal and professional), can find out a bit more about prospective PIs, etc.)

So Europe might happen at a later point in life..but not now.. and yes, the hassles of moving countries are also things I can do without for now.

Pri said...

i'm so glad we can help clear your head. that will be $98. thank you.

Sakshi said...

Damn! I leave for a month and all this things you do! Send me all details, asap. I want a job too. I will cook and clean for you, ok?

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

pri,
but we haven't discussed about my childhood trauma yet!

sakshi,
Welcome back! :).

pics said...

I leave for a month and all this things you do! Send me all details, asap. I want a job too. I will cook and clean for you, ok?