Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random Rambling Ranting Blah

The no power situation went on for 3 full days. Thanks to stupid inefficient people at all ends, the housing, the power co and god knows who else. Saturday night, when I was close to giving up and packing up and leaving my apartment, the lights came on.

I was getting better, and now I'm relapsing into the horrid cough, cold and flu-like symptoms all over again. I am getting tired of this game.

Another game I am getting really tired of is phone tag. Have been playing it with close friends and just general folks I need to get stuff done from. Can't do it any more. What's even more annoying is having my calls, messages and everything ignored. Some people need to just learn to say no instead of stringing me along. Stupid fools.

I hate valentines day and all the consumerist hype it brings along. Here's this valentines day's ugly find. Can you believe that? I saw it in all its glory and was so close to throwing up.

I am tired. From doing absolutely nothing. Just plain tired. And I took yesterday off too.

My folks are having a great time in hyderabad. Two big family functions. All that fun stuff I am missing out on, and to think I missed it by 3 weeks...is a bit painful. But then again, there's no end to that. At least I got to go. And now I've begun experiments, partially settled into my apartment, so I should be happy. Right?

8 comments:

satish said...

right

Shripriya said...

Ok, time for some tough love - snap OUT of it for god's sake!!!

Enough of the pity party. You have a great life - you live a wonderful city, you have a job you could love and things are moving in the right direction, you have friends and blog readers who care about you, you were just home with your family.

Now, go enjoy that great life and stop complaining. Look at all the positives and ONLY notice the positives for the next couple of weeks. That will make you feel a lot better :)

Shripriya said...

Just to be clear - I give myself this advice all the time. And here's a little quote that's helpful too:

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you."

Enjoy the rest of the winter. Spring is just around the corner and it will be wonderful.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

satish,
:)

Shripriya,
HMPH. sniff. cough.

:p I agree. Thanks for the kick. How are you doing?

Shripriya said...

I'm good. Your post inspired my latest blog post.

I'm in India (sorry), but would love to see you when I get back.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Hope alls well back home..Yes, do get in touch when you get back. We should meet up.

Pri said...

what a disturbing image. im sorry you had to see it in person.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

yep. it was ghastly. what was worse was people crowding up to take pictures with it.