Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Settling in...

As  jet lag and science-inertia is waning, I am settling into my new job and enjoying the feeling of being back at work, planning an experiment and reading literature. The most natural, impulsive feeling I feel is plain and raw excitement, but unfortunately, its now tempered by a self-preserving cautionary hue that keeps overtaking the enthusiasm. Its a bit frustrating, I need to figure out if I want to let go or just get used to it and arrive at a balance of sorts. Anyhoo, its fun to be back in a campus environment, nasty weather notwithstanding.

As a housewarming present, I got a subscription to the daily newspaper. Its a great feeling to wake up in the morning, find the paper at my doorstep, and spend time with my chai and reading a real paper. I am loving this part of my routine. :)

No internet at home yet, sometimes I steal from any available wireless. So blogging/ responses to comments may be slow. 

Am going to brave the weather and go out to lunch now. Ciao ciao.

4 comments:

Sujatha said...

Happy housewarming TGFI! May you have all you could ever want for in your new work and home digs!

Sakshi said...

So blogging/ responses to comments may be slow.
Hmph. Excuses! Next you will say you are busy..

Tachyoson said...

Enjoy.Wil wait for your post.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Thanks Sujatha!

Sakshi,
:D

Tachyoson,
will do...