1) This whole v-day brouhaha. Now of course, I am all against moral policing and those stupid antics that the self-acclaimed keepers of our culture have planned to undertake, including marrying off couples etc. Its plain idiotic and just for that, needs to be met with revolt. However, why such a big deal about v-day to start with? I was never a fan of this hallmark holiday- and I really don't see why we need to assert our rights to celebrate love all of a sudden on Feb 14. The best slap in the face to both: obnoxious-red-colour-heart-shaped-merchandise-producing-companies and the ram sena whatever folks would be to let v-day come and go, totally uneventful, and start coochie-cooing the day after.
2) My doctor friend once complimented me on being a "good patient". I take a lot of pride in that, given that it was coming from a qualified person and a close friend. I am doing all the good things- herbal tea ,saltwater rinses, lots of fluid, and trying the lot of rest thing but its getting frustrating, because I'd really love to be outside exploring my place right now, the weather's not too bad either. But I'm too tired. Have been battling this horrid bronchitis and a toothache to top it all. Finally dragged myself to the dentist yesterday because the toothache was killing me. I sat in the waiting room, hacking my guts out, and the guy next to me says "Looks like you got the wrong doctor". Hahahahaa. That was funny. I like this city already. :)
AND OH BTW, Mazhalai- great idea on the humidifier. That definitely helped. Thanks. :) (See the good that comes from blogging?)
3) My new labmates have been really nice. Offers of help included stealthily obtained antibiotics (from China!) in case I couldn't afford a doctor because my insurance hasn't kicked in yet..but I said no to that one. Mostly because I am against the idea of careless use of antibiotics, esp. in case of flu-type symptoms which are more often than not viral.
4) This place definitely seems quite conducive to making friends. I hope I make a few good friends to hang out with. Yesterday I was walking down the hallway and overheard a couple pass by, speaking in telugu. It made my day. :) ;)
5) Feeling much better today. Hope to be fit and fine tomorrow to undertake some heavy duty U-hauling and moving.
6) I want to go see Slumdog Millionaire.
7) My sis and niece are still in hydie. I miss my niece terribly, and am missing out on all the fun they're having there.
8) Am going to go back and sleep now. Ta.