1) Update on name isssue: I think it's going to be Hedwig. (Thanks, Hogwartsbeckons)
I also thought of Eowyn, btw.
FYI I tried out Gabbar but it didn't quite suit my mac.
2) I spoke to an old colleague at my phd lab today. Found out that a large portion of projects that are currently being pursued are spin-offs of my dissertation work. Its such a nice feeling. Made me happy. :)
3) I am bored at work here. I need to sit and think and come up with a strong research goal and plan. Its not coming easy. I think this is the hardest part, sometimes. Been sleeping over my reading. I think I need to start hitting the gym.
4) I made a new friend today. He's cute too. and he promised to introduce me to some cool folks around here. Yay.
5) I cannot stand people who want everything spoon-fed or need everything spelled out. You should not be a post-doc if you don't have the guts to venture out aon your own a bit and think for yourself. Gah.