Monday, March 23, 2009

Seize the day

Spent the weekend with my sister after what seems like ages since she finally got back from India. My 3 yo niece is now a total chatterbox..full of smart repartees and lots of mischief, and lots of desi-fied expressions and mannerisms. An absolute darling and growing up so fast!

I think I have relinquished all rights to complain about lack of time. It doesn't get any better, ever. Unfettered and independent at 30, all my time is mine alone. I watch my sister and her hubby juggle crazy work-lives, taking care of a kid and all of that, and can't help reflect back on my rather luxurious time-spending habits. In my daily chores, I am not the quickest unless I have a train or plane to catch (And sometimes not even then) and hate being rushed by anyone else. I like doing things at my pace..which is mostly slow, distracted, thinking of a zillion other things while doing one. This has got to change, even if to just make better use of what I have now, and more to prepare for a much more meaningful life than what I lead now.

Got to run. :)

6 comments:

Sujatha said...

Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Also, I'm going to go one step beyond the face mask suggestion for the coworker-with-bad-breath problem - mint-flavored surgical masks. There's a patent idea. :)

Satish said...

meaningful life, is it?

Raj said...

Thats what I love about being single and independent too. I can make an elaborate plan on how to spend the day and then do something completely different or nothing at all!

tgfi said...

Sujatha,
that too...

Satish,
haan, why not?

Raj,
Yeah, I agree. But we also build up a lot of resistance towards any kind of imposed change in the process..without realising it.

Satish said...

because, i think - whether your life was meaningful - is for others to say.

werent you the one who said that "you pay taxes then you die!".

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

I didn't say that about taxes, its a well known saying, though. ;)

Well..I agree about the first part- its for others to say..but at the very least, I need to feel like I'm leading one, right?