Friday, April 17, 2009

crib crib

Its Friday evening. It's a beautiful day outside. I'd love to go do something fun.  Instead I'm stuck in the lab, doing stupid filling-columns-in-excel-sheet work, that's not even mine to start with, that just got piled on me!  I cannot imagine how I let that happen to me. I am so pissed at myself. eff. 

I stepped on chewing gum today. Tracked a whole lot of crap with me wherever I went. Then it got stuck at some point on the road and I tripped. Fool.

So there is this concert coming up that I wanted to go to. Found a bunch of friends who are coming for it from out of town, and a couple friends to go with from here.  I tried to co-ordinate so we could all get seats together. Things got so delayed, that far from getting seats with my friends from out of town, the three of us going together from here are not even getting seats next to each other. I know it sounds trivial but its just the kind of thing that could've been avoided. And really, ruins a huge part of the fun of going to a concert with friends.

But, I remind myself of the time I went to a U2 concert, was all by myself and had a complete blast. So there. (Although this one is not a stand up, sing-along type concert, but well.). (you know i just wanted to show off that I saw U2, yeah?)

There's other shit that has me irritated today. I feel this need to go kick a wall. I really should start going to the gym to calm me down.

I think i'm going to take this work home with me and get out of here. Over and out.



6 comments:

bongopondit said...

(you know i just wanted to show off that I saw U2, yeah?)I am jealous...I always find myself at the wrong place and time for U2 concerts.

shub said...

Bah show off. But I also watched a Clapton concert alone. So there, we're even.

satish said...

still waiting

Ms Taggart said...

I didnt watch a single good concert... :(
Except for the Sonu Nigam and Shaan ones.. that too when they performed in office party...

Born a Libran said...

You should read this if you are serious about the science journalism stuff:
http://inversesquare.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/the-future-of-science-journalism-a-live-blog/

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

And then she had to mention the gym ...

J.A.P.