Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Party Update

The surprise farewell party I'd been planning for about a month now was a super hit! 14 people showed up, the surprisee was totally surpised, dazed and last I heard, is still recovering. :) There was some delicious cake, yummy pizza, beer and fun and games. We ended up playing Taboo, Charades and Dirty Scrabble and a fishpond-esque game targeted at the surprisee . :) A good time was had by all.

The logistics and the work that went into decision making, planning, keeping it a secret and executing was quite some work, and a lot of fun through out. We had a party planning committee (some of my poor unsuspecting friends got roped in whether they liked it or not) and a lot of details were discussed back and forth..much fun was made of me and my hazaar lengthy emails..that one of the party planning committee members said she was planning to read after the party. Hmph.

My best friend from school and another buddy of mine were part of the whole hoopla. They did all the running around and I didn't even have to ask! They just took care of things as they came along and I was really touched by that. One of them even canceled other plans with family so she could stay on for the party. I am sitting back and thinking of it all, and just so happy that I have friends like that.

My friend S came all the way from Ohio. It was so great to see her . I miss her already.

One of the topics of much debate was whether to have the party outdoors or at home. I wanted to have it at home/ a bar nearby, but felt like people would be happier in the heart of the city, given that several people were coming from out of town. Thankfully, my sis and my friend talked me out of that and convinced me to have it at home. So I went with that, and it was the best decision. It was a rainy evening and weekend, and people were only too happy to be indoors, everyone got along well, and we didn't even need music, that's how much fun we were having via games and plain sitting around and chatting.

I am also glad I finally got to make use of my spacious apartment. A bunch of people stayed over and left Sunday. S left today. It feels suddenly weird, but I'm enjoying the quiet, and basking in the memories of a very fun weekend.

4 comments:

satish said...

great

qsg said...

Nice!
Soooooooo itching to get back to blogging! :o

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

satish,
ty

qsg,
get right back into it, girl! :) should i make some new pen-name suggestions??? :)

qsg said...

yes yes yes