Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This is my space

And I am so thankful for it. Blogging has taken a backseat over the past several months...there's a variety of reasons for that. Today, as I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with general on-goings and then and very low after reading this, I came to the homepage of my blog after ages. And it felt amazingly comforting: familiar, calm and warmly welcome to spill my thoughts. There's a compulsive need to put my worries and thoughts into words here, and I know that it always makes me feel lighter. What's on my mind today?

1) I am beginning to question decisions I once made in an almost "take-for-granted" fashion. Suddenly, I am not so sure. I don't know if that is an innate defense mechanism, or if I really should be questioning these things now.

2) I am a bit cheesed off by certain people and their self-absorption. Seriously: It's not always about you. OK?

3) I really feel like taking the rest of the day off from work. I don't have enough work today to keep me busy, and don't feel like doing anything else.

4) I am not sure if I just want to take time off from work or if I need some time to myself, at home.

5) I went hiking this past weekend. We climbed up a mountain in New England: the first time I did such serious hiking. It was a great experience. ~3000 ft high mountain, sharp, steep and rocky climb for most, with great views along the climb and from the top. It took us 2 hours to ascend to the summit, and was entirely worth it. I was happy to be outdoors, enjoyed pushing my limits and got educated on a lot of hiking.

My favourite bit about the hike was how I was out with two very fit and experienced hikers, who I was slowing down considerably. They were the perfect beginners' companions. Patiently egging me on, encouraging me, taking breaks with me but never crossing the line into being patronizing or overbearing. That made my whole experience so much more enjoyable.

Blogging always uplifts my spirits. In such a better mood now!

7 comments:

Sakshi said...

[i]Seriously: It's not always about you. OK? [/i]

Nannananannanannaannananana...
Not listening to such hurtful statements :(

Pri said...

hey you. when is your b day again. i will call you.

gawker said...

Let me guess : Mt Monadnock?

Ms Taggart said...

Oh man.. this looks beautiful! I am soooo jealous!

tgfi said...

lol @ sakshi

Pri: tomorrow

Gawker: right on! Did you guess from the pics or the description?

Ms T: haan it was really beautiful..

gawker said...

From the pictures. I tried to climb it once with a few friends but because it was during my cigarettes, alcohol and no workout phase, couldn't make it to the top. My friends did, however, and made sure we knew what we had missed by taking a picture, curiously enough, at the same lake vista spot as you did.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

gawker,
that's some coincidence..