Friday, June 26, 2009

w.o.m.m

How do you tell someone off without being nasty? Because you are fully aware that the certain someone is really nice and means really well, just can't do better. I am still thinking.

All this mandarin-talking around me is driving me crazy. I think I'm going to learn the language.

Michael Jackson is dead. May he RIP.

Happy minute of the day: when someone emailed me and asked me for something from one of my published papers. :)

Another happy minute of the day: when a prof in the dept- and a big name guy in our field recognized me in the hallway and appreciated the questions I ask during departmental seminar. :)

Hyper people cannot stand other hyper people. surprise surprise.

Next month will mark six months since i came here. It will be time for stock-taking.

I need to make more friends around here.

Why are some people so dependent on gratification via condescending or mocking others? Is there nothing else to make you feel better about yourself?

Its been a slow day work-wise. I think I am going to go off and sit in the library and speculate.

The sun is out. I hope it stays.



1 comment:

satish said...

Hyper people cannot stand other hyper people. surprise surprise.

Original.