Thursday, July 09, 2009

Listless

I love making lists. I make lists of things-to-do, things-to-buy, things-to-tell-someone, places-to-see, etc. etc. etc. Then I like to categorize, prioritize, all that fun stuff. Google docs takes all of this mania to a whole new level. I love it! :)

I made a to-do/to-see list with B* starting from my days in Philly. We managed to finish most of it, but then it was time for me to leave Philly. We promised ourselves we'd go back and finish the things that were left on the list. But I was moving to a much more exciting city, and the Philly list faded pretty quickly.

Since I moved here, we got a new list that was rapidly evolving. The past 5 months, we went down the list, off the list and came back to the list. This time it was B's turn to move out: not just out of this city, but out of the country. We began to attack the list with a new sense of urgency. Prioritizing, labeling and categorizing like there's no tomorrow. (OK, that was just me). When it came down to the precious last couple weekends, we decided to let it all go. We picked people over places, impulse over plans, and ended up allotting time to do nothing instead of planning something. I am glad for all the things we left undone, that let us do all the things we ended up doing, and made them that much more special.

*: I guess B needs some introduction on this blog, perhaps sometime soon I will get around to it. :p

8 comments:

Ms Taggart said...

*same pinch*
My obsession with lists is weird too.. I make lists of everything starting from grocery list to, things to accomplish in a quarter and in an year!
And it helps me!

Guess I should make similar lists for a city too..

Gradwolf said...

Is it a girl thing? A friend of mine is obsessed with making lists, agendas for the day, month, summer, winter, future etc.


B who?!

Satish said...

i know.

coming up with the list must give that feeling of being done with half the work.

not so good a thing, right?

tgfi said...

Ms t,
:) yeah, you should make a city-list too. its fun..

Gradwolf,
i am not sure its a girl thing..may be?
:)

Satish,
heheh it does give that feeling and it is a good thing!

Sakshi said...

Tell about this B! Who cares about your planning :P

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

sakshi,
pah. A lot of people care.

Born a Libran said...

yet again I am with Sakshi... Who cares abt the planning... Who is B????

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

BAL,
may be i'll leave that open to interpretation. ;)