Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I hate good-byes

Said good-bye to another friend today who is leaving the city for a great opportunity elsewhere. She's a relatively new "friend", but it sucks to see her go- I have had a great time getting to know her. I was looking forward to hanging out with her, exploring the city and imbibing some of her wonderful qualities that I find really hard to come by.

OTOH I'm happy for her for all the good things this move brings to her..and plan on visiting her sometime..hopefully.

3 comments:

Nu said...

I know what you mean to say here.. It sucks when it comes to say good-byes and all that. No matter how old is your relationship,you tend to feel emotionally week and upset about the person going or you leaving the place....

I have gone through these separation moments a lot of times...lived in several cities and made lot of friends..so at these sad moments i always think why does God do this to me !!! But finally in a while I'm out of it making new friends and meeting old ones in reunions and thanks to this internet,yay !!

Such is life :)

Heathcliffs Girl said...

wondering what OTOH Is! tried racking the brain which led nowhere.
and fr sme reason on the whole is all that pops up which makes no sense!!
ps: sorry dis is long wonderings comment as i c!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Nu
Such is life indeed. We have already moved on to long phone-talks in lieu of not being able to hang out together and it seems like this one friendship will actually stand the test. :)

Heathcliffs Girl
On The Other Hand.

sorry. :p. I should stop using all these short forms or put a running glossary at the side. Will do soon :)