Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Migraines

It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that one of the most frequent triggers to my horrible migraine attacks is skipping a meal. To my credit, I don't do this too often, but when I do- mostly out of laziness- I pay a very heavy price for it. I skipped dinner last night and "forgot" about lunch until late afternoon, subsisting only on my breakfast (cereal and fruit) until then. The resultant migraine was so severe and blinding- I could barely see where I was going as I made my way to the cafeteria and got myself some food. Once the headache and aura begins to take shape, there's no stopping it with any medication. I came home, head in my hands and escaped into a dark room for a while. I hope that today's suffering will be a lesson for me, to never skip meals again, to eat well and to eat on time.

I am so tired.

3 comments:

S said...

tell me about it!

i have terrible back aches when i skip a meal or 'forget' about my lunch.

hope you are feeling better already. take care!

Alpha said...

jeez, i have migraines too...its terrible when they come..but triggered due to many causes and some that i cant even help. you take care and better eat on time.

Ms Taggart said...

I used to get blinding migraines too, but thankfully this wasnt the trigger.. mine used to be because of weather changes, and would subside if I sleep in a dark room..