Monday, November 23, 2009

No cake for me!

Woe is me!! The birthday party I went to this past weekend had three yummy looking cakes set out. I cut myself a huge chunk of the ice-cream cake which looked like it had a thick layer of ice cream on the top- that turned out to be 5 inch thick frosting. It was yuck. Then today at the cafeteria they were giving out free pieces of cake with a meal and of course I grabbed a box and came to the table beaming while precariously balancing the cake, my plate of food and glass of water without a tray. Free cake? I was in heaven. I just ate the cake and it tasted horrible. Perhaps even stale. A good lesson in what to say next time when offered free cake in a cafeteria. "No, thanks". Not beaming and grabbing as if one can't believe the stroke of luck. Eugh. I cannot believe this is happening to me. :( :( I seem to have gotten some really really bad cake streak going on.

When I go to India I am going to eat cassatta. mmmmmmmmmmmm

5 comments:

Sakshi said...

I think your mother came to know of your "stuff my face" plan....

bahut lambe haath hai uske

Ni said...

hahaha
free ka khana kab achcha hota hai !!
except at the temple/gurudwara.
:P

Sakshi said...

@Ni - Free ka khana is the staple diet of grad students and post docs. It is TASTY! Dammit! Its tasty.

*glaring at TGFI for destroying the one good thing abt being a postdoc -free food*

Ni said...

@Sakshi, right, right!
:P
Lets do food posts on our blogs ;)
:P

Kits said...

@ Sakshi - Oh man, soo true... :):)