Tuesday, November 10, 2009

W O M M

OK: number one pet peeve of the day:

when people try to call you (its not an emergency and i'm no doctor anyway) , and, upon finding your phone engaged or no answer, KEEP ON CALLING CONTINUOUSLY FOR THE NEXT FIFTEEN MINUTES. Like its some stupid hotline and there's a prize at the end. Then, after all that, when you finally return their call, they will tell you "Arre! Kidhar hai tu..kab se try kar raha hai ...."

LEAVE A MESSAGE. AND LEAVE ME ALONE. DO NOT KEEP PRESSING REDIAL LIKE ITS A GAME.

Ok this has happened very often- my mom also does it- she will call twice in the span of 10 - 15 mins and then get all panicky and stuff. gah.

I don't have much else on my mind actually. heh. :) Feels so much better to get that out though.

5 comments:

Ni said...

When it happens to me I donot pick up,the person stops calling and then I call back when I have cooled down.

But funnily the first thing I hear is " I hate it that you never pick up the phone till I call 20 times". hehe.

PNA said...

I know!! they just keep on calling....

ggop said...

Well said! I never understood this behavior either. Send a text, leave a voicemail. What's up with the gratuitous use of redial?

Rachna said...

My mom does that all the time!

muddled grad student said...

Nothing beats the person who keeps calling you repeatedly even after you keep canceling their calls and send an sms saying your in a meeting or some such thing where you cant pick up a call. If Im in a meeting the situation is not going to change in the next 10seconds.