Thursday, November 12, 2009

W O M M

I've gone from tired to irritated to stressed to happy to tired to irritated...in the last twelve hours- gosh- I'm not able to keep up with myself anymore!

Just being nice is not always enough. Things need to get done.

Sometimes I wish I was better at standing my ground. Sometimes I give in..-by being "too nice" for whatever reason. I need to stop doing that. Once I've made my feelings clear, there's no need to feel bad or apologetic about them- when the person then offers to straighten things up, I should just let them do it.

I have to wake up early tomorrow. I signed up to help someone out with something and for some reason have no inclination to do it any more. I don't know why. I hope I feel better and more enthu tomorrow.

A long distance relationship is a lot of effort. Sometimes, it gets tiring. One gets tired of the missing, of the trying to keep up with one another, of the staying in touch. Of the helpless feelings of wondering when and how the long distance will end. Of trying to treat things delicately because ugly fights over long distance are really not fun. Of being mature and patient. Because one has been the exact opposite of that and knows that doesn't help. But if the very problem is not going to go away, may be childish kicking and screaming at least serves some short-term appeasement.

Another deja vu that has been bugging me of late is something at work. Most signs point to something else but my over-alert self sees potential danger and conflict in even the smallest hints.

My only "amway friend" called me the other day. She told me she missed me and thought of me often. Are you freakin kidding me?

I think I need a break. Today my neighbour chided me for coming back so late from work. :) But I really don't do this everyday, today was unusual.

Need to go sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Varsh said...

Being nice always is indeed not the way to go. People start taking you for granted and you get deprived of the much-needed display of love and understanding. Sticking to your decisions is not just necessary, but advisable.

Long distance relationships can work only when both people try. The stress of keeping up with each other is lot higher while you're alone when you could really use a hug. If it means so much to you, any amount of childish kicking and screaming is allowed..anything that can help you get the negativity out of your system.

You do need a break. Go out with friends, see some nice movies, and leave this all behind you...Go!!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

varsh,
:) nodding all along :)