Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chiggy Wiggy

Now who doesn't absolutely love this song? Whatever. you have terrible taste if you don't simply enjoy chiggy wiggy.

As for me, its my wake up and get ready to go to lab song in the morning, and today, since I got the mp3 from Ms Taggart (albeit whilst being judged for it), I have it on loop on my iTouch.

Speaking of the iTouch- I'm late to this party too, resisted buying an overpriced mp3 player for the longest time, but finally caved in- but is it really true that if, I want to upload just one song to my iTouch  library I cannot do it without wiping out whatever is there and re-uploading (re-syncing) all the damn songs? Is that really true? I find that kind of shitty design very hard to believe. There's got to be a way of adding just one single song to the existing library, no?

In other news, meri shaadi pakki ho gayi- as in, we've a date-based on the stars aligning and stuff. I am excited about being married to B. I also don't feel any of the trepidation/fear I once felt about being married, etc. It really feels like the natural next step and it feels good to feel pure excitement and happy anticipation for married life. I've definitely come a long way from being the commitment-phobe I was. Yeah!

The wedding is going to be a half-day affair in my hometown - a regular social wedding with a hall booked and all of family and friends invited (~300 ppl?).  I am willingly succumbing to my mom's wishes and plan on doing it smilingly. But it will be a strictly traditional wedding- which means no mehendi ceremony and no sangeet (and no "cocktail night") and no all of that because that is not a part of Andhra tradition, although becoming alarmingly common to do even in Andhra. Thankfully my parents were on board with me as far as having a "no-frills" social wedding. I do seem to be disappointing people by not being excited about the wedding per se - as in the dressing up and the jewelry and all of that.I am really counting on my mom and sister to do all this kind of stuff. I was told that I absolutely have to be present to get blouses stitched, so that's all I'm gearing up for.  No, I have not been thinking of this day since I was 8 and I'm not even thinking about it now. It's really nice that I am away from home and can waltz in a couple weeks before the wedding, buy three or four saris, get the blouses stitched and thats it. :) Get married and go honeymoon in some romantic place. That's all I'm thinking of. Please don't burst my bubble. :)

I wanna chiggy wiggy....

13 comments:

Macho Girl said...

Congratulations!

and yeah, chiggy wiggy is oddly addictive and a kinda guilty pleasure :P

If you ever find out how to upload just one song on the iPod without re-syncing, let us know! :)

Gradwolf said...

aaha, congrats!

Amit said...

Congrats!

To upload only one song, you have to stop the sync behavior of iPod and set it to manual sync as detailed here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1351#2 This should enable fine control over choosing which songs to upload.

v said...

Congratulations!

I like the song too. The video is good until the hijra comes around with his vest tucked in and starts singing in Hindi to Kylie Minogue.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

thanks y'all...

amit, -manual sync allows u to pick the songs u want to upload, but it does wipe out the contents of your itouch to start with. that is my problem.

Sayesha said...

Goodness!!! What awesome news! Congratulations!! :)

La vida Loca said...

congratssssss

tgfi said...

thanks girls :))

qsg said...

i am so glad I could get the whole stalking stuff out of my system :)

So so so happy for you!!! congratulations again and all the best - you will be very very very happy! :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

don't get it out of your system- you're my first stalker ever! i liked it! :)))

thanks babe- and it was great to talk to u..

ferret said...

i'm all for dhinchak music, but chiggy-wiggy!!!! seriously!!

ferret said...

and congratulations!!! :)

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

:) thanks. and chiggy wiggy rocks