Saturday, February 20, 2010

Good mood

I had to give a talk at the department- this series of talks is usually very polished- people present what they are working on, and the entire department- faculty and students are audience. I knew at least 6 months ago that I was slated to go- but things didn't work the way I planned and I was left with very little data to show. Quite honestly, it was a very demoralizing thought- to go up in front of this crowd and present my 3.5 slides of data. But I kept reminding myself of all the things PhdAdv taught me- about giving good talks- and I gave a fantastic talk! (My boss's words). I am so happy- there was a lot of discussion and feedback and even some pointers that might help speeden my project.

Later own I wrote to PhDAdv- telling her that I got a bunch of hallway compliments for my talk and she was to be thanked. She wrote back saying that they were strongly considering coming to India for my wedding, and wanted more details! That news made my day. :) If my two best friends are there for my wedding, and PhDAdv. comes, it is going to be interesting, since these friends have heard me rant about her so much during my early days in grad school. :). At least, one of them has already met her - and witnessed our relationship evolve- so I know she won't lunge at her. :)

3 comments:

Sakshi said...

Cool!

(Refraining from making *I told you so* remarks)

Btw- we are yet to see the PhD defense talk. Hmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

qsg said...

congratulations! I am so proud of you...and happy that you might have your advisor attend the wedding! Good stuff...how is the shopping coming along??