Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines Day Dilemma

So I have been anti-valentines day celebrations for the longest time ever. No, not trying to side with stupid religious fanatics, but the consumerist "festival" doesn't do much for me. I hate the overboard display of lovey dovey stuff, the reds and pinks all over the place, the "pressure" on significant others, etc. etc. You got the picture.

Today I came to work to find a nice box of chocolates on my desk. Valentines day chocolates. Heart shaped, even. Should I eat them or no?

8 comments:

Sayan said...

A box of choclates is anyday better than a memo asking why you have overspent your phone budget ( :-( ). Trust me. Have the choclates.

La vida Loca said...

GOD!! eat the chocolates! What kind of a question is THAT?!

nitish said...

Distribute among lab members. Principles will thus be adhered to and the spread of goodwill will be achieved. Isn't that the premise of this grotesque "festival"?

Magnus said...

I'm against a whole concept of a special day for celebrating everything. Rose day, pig day, etc.

But free chocolates over principles and ethics anyday :D

aequo animo said...

Just send it across to me :) :D

Tachyoson said...

hog and be joyous!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

OK OK all this pressure got to me and I ate em up! ;)
LOL @ Pig day

and, Happy Chinese New Year y'all!

Kits said...

Ah, am late so was gng to advice that of course u shd eat them. They are chocolates no? :D