Saturday, March 20, 2010

Here comes the sun...

Spring set in a couple days ago and I feel amazingly uplifted. Waking up with or before sunrise, getting exercise, singing on my way to work, getting out of work early, not letting the failed experiments get to me...it is such a contrast to the way I felt last week: and there have been no drastic improvements on any other front, so I only have the weather to thank!

Yay sun!

Of course, the Americans, who have a way of putting every life-situation in bracketed names and ascribe them to clinical disorders of sorts, might say I was suffering from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).

(From Wiki: a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer,[1] spring or autumn, repeatedly, year after year. ...It has been estimated that 1.5-9% of adults in the US experience SAD.)

And of course, a small part of me weeps. Weeps tears of sadness for the nice expensive winter coat I bought and hardly used! ;)

No comments: