Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tomorrow..

I plan to walk into my boss's office and ask for a month off for the wedding. Wish me luck, people!

Why is it so hard for me to do this? Frankly because I am woefully aware of how data-poor my last year has been. And things are just about picking up in the lab- the next few months are going to be peak-busy time. And, then, I did take 2 weeks off in November - which were granted smilingly, when I wasn't even here for a year.

Well: such is life. I did my best in lab, and other aspects of my life have to move on, with or without data. So I am prepared for a worst case scenario- which will be that I take that time off and forgo salary, or else, I truncate it to 3 weeks of leave. I'd rather take time off without pay, honestly.

Boss man has been *mostly* reasonable and understanding in the past, so lets see.

OH MY. :)

1 comment:

Amit said...

Good luck! How'd it go?